• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Context Menu Keeps Disappearing

nrmsmith

When I right-click on a Sheep VirtualDrive I used to get a context menu call something like Virtual ClonePC and some suboptions including Mount, Unmount etc. It keeps disappearing off my right-click popup menu?

Why?

I uninstall & reinstall the software and the options are back, and then a little while later they vanish again. It's getting rather annoying. I don't have any extensions associated with VirtualClone PC (since these are preferred attached to other programs) so I use the right click menu a lot (when I have it!!) to mount images. I also change the Drive letter from the default D: to a more preferred letter (W:) using Computer Management|Disk management. The VCDDaemon is running in the background all the time.

What could be going wrong?

Thanks
NigelS

When I right click on the Sheep Drive Icon in Explorer, you get a VitualClone shell extension on the rightclick menu. That was disappearing on my systems - ie. it was not present on the menu.

Anyway, the problem seems to be related to the fact that I was deleting some of the files & folders relating to foreign language support from the installation folder for VirtualClone PC.

Currently, I have uninstalled, reinstalledand NOT removed any of the language support files/folders and the the right button context menu in Explorer (Mount/Unmount etc) is not disappearing anymore.

RANT ALERT
I wish software developers would stop dumping tons of files and folders onto a users desk to support multi languages. It's just lazy programming. A user usually makes a language choice at the start of an install. In my opinion the Installer program should then copy only the files needed to support that language onto the disk. Adobe & Apple are the worst for thisbut virtually everyone does it.
RANT OFF

RANT ALERT
I wish software developers would stop dumping tons of files and folders onto a users desk to support multi languages. It's just lazy programming. A user usually makes a language choice at the start of an install. In my opinion the Installer program should then copy only the files needed to support that language onto the disk. Adobe & Apple are the worst for thisbut virtually everyone does it.
RANT OFF
You are seriously complaining about VCDs language files, which are 7.7kBytes in size for all languages?

LOL

and what happens when maybe you have a visitor that would like to use the program in a differnent language ?

Visitor from a foreign land using my computers? LOL Never gonna happen.

@James
No your files are not big; but I was talking about the principle of tidy language installation. Adobe & Apple in particular add hundreds of folders and thousands of files all associated with languages which are not being used. Most programs seem to be doing the same thing these days. It all adds up to GB of unneccessary files, all of which add to the size and time required to backup the computer every day. What's wrong with giving the user the option of adding what language packs they require during the installation phase.

Possibly because that would take extra time and programming on a free piece of software.
Also, I have the full Adobe CS4 master collection installed on my systems and have to say you're way over exaggerating, it amounts megabytes not gigabytes of space taken

Last edited:
Back