• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] clone dvd freezing up

Dick

I upgraded to the latest versions of "any dvd" and "clone dvd" now "any dvd" appears to work but when I start "clone dvd" it starts copying the dvd and gets about 20 seconds into it and freezes.
Any Help??

My rig is
xp home
abit AN-M2HD
x2 6400 amd
asus dvdrw DRW-2014L1T
Raptor 36 gig
2gig pc 6400

Does it freeze 20 seconds into ripping or 20 seconds into burning?

clone cd freeze up

It freezes when I am just starting ripping. I have installed the dll mentioned above and now it freezes imediately after ripping starts.
Thanks for the quick replies!

It is really froze too ..hard drive steady on and only way out is to hit the reset

It freezes when I am just starting ripping. I have installed the dll mentioned above and now it freezes imediately after ripping starts.
Thanks for the quick replies!

The DLL would only help if the problem had occurred when you were burning. The problem is different.

Please do the following...

Post AnyDVD log files:

1. Ensure AnyDVD is running.
  2. Put the problematic original movie DVD in your burner. Wait for AnyDVD to scan the disc.
  3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
  4. Select "Create Logfile".
  5. Wait for AnyDVD to create a log file.
  6. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where AnyDVD created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "OK".
  7. Go to your "My Documents" folder.
  8. You will see a ZIP file called "AnyDVD_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f).
  9. When replying or posting in the SlySoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread).
  10. If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  11. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't, please ensure your browser is configured to allow pop-ups from the SlySoft forum).
  12. Click the "Browse" button and locate and select the ZIP file you created.
  13. Click "upload".
  14. Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the ZIP file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

ok here it is

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_SEABISCUIT.zip
    109 KB · Views: 5
ASUS DRW-2014L1T 1.00

1. Update your drive's firmware: http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/ODD/DVD-RW/DRW-2014L1T/DRW-2014L1T_102.zip

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

2. i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that you're in
viii. Start Anydvd

Afc (system32\drivers\Afc.sys), Version: 1.0.0.2 (1.0.0.2)
Company: Arcsoft, Inc.
Product: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
Copyright: (C) Arcsoft, Inc. 1999-2005. All rights reserved.
Description: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
FileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 2
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 2

Typically installed by Arcsoft Photo Impressions. This filter can cause conflicts with Slysoft software

3. i) Create a backup of your registry: click http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "afc". Click "remove selected filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind that the programs that installed these filters in your registry will no longer function properly.

4. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

5. Ensure that you're using Clonedvd 2.9.2.0

Updated drive firmware
set region on drive
removed arcsoft aps
dl'ed imgburn removed "afc"
rebooted
in that order
Still freezing up even faster than before.
on another note in case you are wondering, I did a reformat yesterday and ran diags on the hard drive and ran memtest 3.2 on 2 one gig sticks for 1 pass.
The drive will read and write dvds and cds using nero. I haven't tried tho since I have been doing your instructions.
The whole reason for the reinstall of xp was because of this problem.
I am retired old geezer with nuttin better to do so I am at your disposal if you have any ideas??
The only other thing I did that might not be kosher was a quick format on the reinstall...have heard that it is possible for the old sys to bleed thru??
If you have time ...do you think I should do another reformat?? and maybe get it up and running enuf to try your suggestions again??
Thanks again
Dick

1. Click this

Do what it says to do

2. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or possibly your drive is slowly dying or is just a bad reader of poorly pressed blank media).

Nerocd-dvd speed /scandisc reports no errors and 100 quality throughout.
I also dled imgburn again and reinstalled anydvd 6490 and clonedvd 2920.
I ran imgburn looking at the filters I see redbook audio filter, imapi, anydvd, elby, and under the 2nd highpass none found.
I had read in the forums that redbook could be a problem????

I also contacted slysoft tech support but have not received anything other than an accknowlege email.

I did as you said but it didn't help. Still freezes about 10-20 seconds into the rip.
I just built another computer for my daughter and tried to do the movie in hers with a samsung sata SH-S223F burner and get the same freeze. but if i try my burner in her computer it works.
I tried her burner in my computer and it freezes.
My rig is a little over a year old and has not failed to burn a dvd in that time.
I get the updates as they notify me.

On this mess I have tried at least 4 movies and all freeze in the rip.
I also have tried moving burner and hard drive to different sata connections.
The burner will burn a data dvd and data cd no sweat

I did as you said but it didn't help. Still freezes about 10-20 seconds into the rip.
I just built another computer for my daughter and tried to do the movie in hers with a samsung sata SH-S223F burner and get the same freeze. but if i try my burner in her computer it works.
I tried her burner in my computer and it freezes.
My rig is a little over a year old and has not failed to burn a dvd in that time.
I get the updates as they notify me.

On this mess I have tried at least 4 movies and all freeze in the rip.
I also have tried moving burner and hard drive to different sata connections.
The burner will burn a data dvd and data cd no sweat

I own an LG GSA-H55L, LG GSA-H55N, and a Samsung SH-S223F and I cannot explain this issue. I have no such freezes.

I just built another computer for my daughter and tried to do the movie in hers with a samsung sata SH-S223F burner and get the same freeze

I also have a Samsung SH-S223F burner working perfectly fine under XP 32 bit Pro SP3 and Vista 64 bit SP1 ultimate edition. No freezing

That's a Sata drive. In bios, switch Sata ports to function as "ide" instead of "achi".

Also, try using default/microsoft sata drivers.

What brand and model motherboard is being used with Samsung SH-S223F?

Last edited:
Well I never had a freeze of any kind and never had a disk fail to copy in the past 3 years so its got me going. i hate to give up but i am beginning to think
maybe my abit board is dumping on me. God knows i have tried everything and you guys have wracked yer beans over this.
I contacted tech support so maybe they have an idea?
I even had clonedvd 2901 in my files and tried that
Well anyway i want to thank you guys for help so a big thanks to all on the forum
Dick

for Webslinger & Drink lye and die

I finally got it going, I ended up doing a reformat and set the region then a reboot, then installed clone dvd reboot, installed anydvd reboot.
I figured that windows was pretty well done in with all the freeze ups.
Anyway it works and i learned a few things in the process!
Thanks again and Happy Holidays!!
Dick

Back