• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved by updating to SP1] Problems burning DVD using Clone DVD

garoessler

I have long used Clone DVD for writing DVDs with Windows XP.
Today I was attempting to help a friend clone and burn. she has Windows Vista Basic. The Sony 16X drive would clone and write up until the disc was 35% burned; then it would say there was an error, probably due to bad media. We tried a new disc; same error at the same time.

I brought her drive home and tried it with my XP computer and the same media. It works perfectly. I checked her machine; it does have enough RAM, fast enough processor, etc. so the computer itself doesn't seem to be a problem. But Vista??? I told her to download SP1 and we would try again after that was installed. Can anyone think of anything else that might help?

Thanks.

Georgia

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5083

9. I'm getting Writedvd 10 11 W2 errors. Why?

a) Are you using junk blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden (not Valueline), Verbatim Datalife Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer to this question is "yes". Stay far away from Memorex, Princo, TDK B-grade junk sold from Costcos, Ritek, regular Maxell, Fuji, etc. that are not made in Japan.
For +R DL blank media use Verbatim (preferably made in Singapore) or MAM-A +R DL 8x only.

b) Click this and read FULLY (because the same advice applies)

c) Do you have Musicmatch Jukebox on your system? If so, click this

d) Remove packet writing software from your system (including Directcd, Incd, drag to disc, DLA, etc.): click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15537

e) Click this and read

f)
i) Ensure Anydvd is running.
ii) Put an original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
iii) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
iv) Select "Create Logfile"
v) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
vi) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
vii) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step vi)
viii) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
ix) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
x) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
xi) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
xii) click "upload"
xiii) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

g) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=145424&postcount=1

Thanks for no help.
I decided there was a good possibility the culprit was Vista.
We installed Service Pack 1 and now everything works fine.
I had been looking for some helpful suggestions. Now I know that they are not to be found here.

Georgia

garoessler
I do not understand your answer above. I have to say, you are a fool to write as you do
somebody here use time to help you, and then you ignore the help.
at least you could say thanks for the help, but I found out, that is was ......

next time nobody will help you (I guess)

Thanks for no help.

Had you bothered to read and provide requested information, I would have seen from step f that you didn't have SP1 installed, and I or someone else would have told you to update. Of course, had you actually bothered to provide requested information--as all forum users are requested to provide when posting and read stickies before posting--your issue would have been resolved sooner.

I had been looking for some helpful suggestions. Now I know that they are not to be found here.

from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=108609#post108609

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."

and

"We also reserve the right to ban anyone who wilfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums is a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system."

Consider this a warning. :policeman:

Last edited:
I have to say, you are a fool to write as you do

While I am sympathetic to what you've written, please do not stoop to the behaviour of other forum posters. Feel free to send me a private message instead, and I will deal with the situation. Thank you

Back