• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Bit Setting

Clarity3

I recently replaced one of my drives with A Pioneer DVR-116DBK but am unable to change the Book Type with ImgBurn.

Do you know of a utility that will provide this function.

Thanks Webslinger.

Forgive me but it's getting late here in the UK: I can see from the examples that this utility has a switch to enable bit setting but how are the book type changes made for a new disk before writing?

Thanks Webslinger.

Forgive me but it's getting late here in the UK: I can see from the examples that this utility has a switch to enable bit setting but how are the book type changes made for a new disk before writing?

That program modifies firmware. So after you patch your drive's firmware and update your drive's firmware with that patch, then your drive changes booktype automatically by default.

Thanks again.

I have downloaded the MCSE application and have also downloaded the version 1.06 firmware file (same as the version on my drive) from the Pioneer site. However, when I try to ‘Load’ this into MCSE there is no response.

Looking at the file from Pioneer I think it is a self extracting loader without access to the firmware file. I have looked at the CDFreaks forum and can see a number of threads but not one that can guide me through my requirement. Please can you help.

Please can you tell me if MCSE will install the modified firmware, once I have a resolution, or do I need a separate utlity.

Any advice gratefully received.

Oops! :doh:
I didn't notice the extracted files had been put into the root directory. Having discovered this I followed the instructions for using MCSC and subsequently flashed the revised firmware to my drive.

That went well, but unfortunately, after burning a +R and viewing with ImgBurn, the BooK Type (Last Recorded) has remained as +R.

Any suggestions?

Oops! :doh:
I didn't notice the extracted files had been put into the root directory. Having discovered this I followed the instructions for using MCSC and subsequently flashed the revised firmware to my drive.

That went well, but unfortunately, after burning a +R and viewing with ImgBurn, the BooK Type (Last Recorded) has remained as +R.

Any suggestions?

click http://club.cdfreaks.com/f150/pioneer-mcse-patching-238902/?garpg=2#content_start (follow the steps using your 116 firmware)

If you load the entire firmware exe you downloaded into something like winrar, you can see the file you need to extract.

You likely just flashed the original 116 firmware.

Ah-ha success!

I'm sure most will say that's obvious however, when the modified f/w is renamed and the modified flasher run, the new file is not recognised unless it retains the original name.

I put the old and new files into the same directory and when running the modified flasher it picked up the original file as it had the name it was looking for. By creating an alternative directory, including and renaming the 'speedpatched' f/w back to its original name plus the modified flasher, when the flasher runs it picks up the correct and only f/w file available.

Thanks for your help.

Back