• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] AnyDVD-HD & Vista 64 Problem

Hi Webslinger,

What did you think of my 2 JPGs ... did they gave u any clues to my issue!?!?

Thanks,

G!:)

Hi Webslinger,

What did you think of my 2 JPGs ... did they gave u any clues to my issue!?!?

Thanks,

No. I gave your issue some more thought. You're not even burning, trying to scan discs or anything really yet, so the things I would normally have you try are pointless.

No. I gave your issue some more thought. You're not even burning, trying to scan discs or anything really yet, so the things I would normally have you try are pointless.

Hi Webslinger,

I was thinking about your post ... I think I should be able to activate (Double-Click) the program whether or not I plan to use it for DVD backup ... without it Casuing a Crash and making this file crashing "ADvdDiscHlp64.exe" and causing Windows "WerFault.Exe" go crazy.

Why is it that I can start any other Program by SlySoft ... for example "Virtual CloneDrive", "Game Jackal Pro" and not have the same Crash problem.

But when I turn on the SlySoft AnyDVD (AnyDVD-HD) I get that Crash!?!?

So, this problem is Specific to AnyDVD!

Also, I have a ton of other Video Decrypting and Editing software on my laptop and None of them have this Symptom.

BTW, I am surprised that You are the only one that has tried to Help out ... what about the Resident Programmer(s) from SlySoft ... could they see their way clear to pitch in some Ideas or Solutions!!!

I don't want to sound unappreciative or anything ... but I feel I have wasted ~64 Euros on a program that I am not really able to use ... since I keep reverting back to my Freeware to do my back-ups!

Thanks,

I've installed it on a laptop and 2 systems with Vista 64 on them and had no problems with it.
You could try running Imgburn and getting a filter list from that and posting it. The fact that you say you have a ton of other stuff already installed could mean that one of those is conflicting

Last edited:
Hi Webslinger,

I was thinking about your post ... I think I should be able to activate (Double-Click) the program whether or not I plan to use it for DVD backup ... without it Casuing a Crash and making this file crashing "ADvdDiscHlp64.exe" and causing Windows "WerFault.Exe" go crazy.

Why is it that I can start any other Program by SlySoft ... for example "Virtual CloneDrive", "Game Jackal Pro" and not have the same Crash problem.

But when I turn on the SlySoft AnyDVD (AnyDVD-HD) I get that Crash!?!?

Also, I have a ton of other Video Decrypting and Editing software on my laptop and None of them have this Symptom.

BTW, I am surprised that You are the only one that has tried to Help out ... what about the Resident Programmer(s) from SlySoft ... could they see their way clear to pitch in some Ideas or Solutions!!!

I don't want to sound unappreciative or anything ... but I feel I have wasted ~64 Euros on a program that I am not really able to use ... since I keep reverting back to my Freeware to do my back-ups!

Thanks,

As a last resort, you can try to delete ADvdDiscHlp64.exe from AnyDVD's install directory.

Hi folks,

THANKS for your Replies ... REALLY do Appreciate it.

I've installed it on a laptop and 2 systems with Vista 64 on them and had no problems with it.
You could try running Imgburn and getting a filter list from that and posting it. The fact that you say you have a ton of other stuff already installed could mean that one of those is conflicting

@ Adbear ... I did that before and Webslinger did not see anything in there!
See here please ... http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=162464&postcount=13

As a last resort, you can try to delete ADvdDiscHlp64.exe from AnyDVD's install directory.

@ James ... so is this .exe there to only help out with 64-bit compability portion!?!? If so, I am running the AnyDVD with XP SP2 Compatibility and Admin Rights "Ticked Up". So I won't really need the Disc Helper proggy "ADvdDiscHlp64.exe".

But James ... Adbear's and others' comment reagrding their Systems (Vista 64-bit) working fine ... shouldn't mine work the same.

The only Exception is I believe they are running Vista Ultimate and I have only Home Premium SP1 ... I wonder if that makes the difference.

Q: Should I have the XP SP2 Compatibility and Admin Rights "Ticked Up" or "Untick" them!?!?

THANKS Again,

I've had it running on home premium, business and ultimate

Yes

If I knew, I would tell you. Trust me

For you, yes

Have you

1) Disabled UAC? I would. In fact, I have.

2) Disabled antivirus and firewall software while installing Anydvd, and while attempting to run it (just to test)?

Last edited:
Hi folks,

THANKS for all of your replies!

I've had it running on home premium, business and ultimate

@ Adbear ...

Q1: How did you install it on Vista Home (and I assume is 64-bit)?

Did you have UAC disabled and as Webslinger mentioned had Anti-Virus and Firewall disabled!?!?

Just curious!

@ Webslinger ... I will try your Suggestion ... but do I need to uninstall the current version and say to remove even the Registration Info then TRY your Suggestion!?!?

Or is there any other Cleaning of the Existing AnyDVD that I have to do to try out your Suggestion!?!?

Thanks,

Did you have UAC disabled and as Webslinger mentioned had Anti-Virus and Firewall disabled!?!?

Holy crap. Just disable UAC already. There's nothing to be scared about.

1. Disable UAC. It sucks. Really, really, really sucks
One moderator disagrees with me. But, hey, Anydvd works for him.
Anydvd doesn't work for you.

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Try running a registry cleaner program at this point like CCleaner (James is going to have a fit if he reads this; so do it quickly before he comes in here and insults me :D)
e) Download Anydvd http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6514.exe
f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
g) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
h) Reinstall
i) Reboot
j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
k) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

Last edited:
Holy crap. Just disable UAC already. There's nothing to be scared about.
d) Try running a registry cleaner program at this point like CCleaner ....

Hi Webslinger,

Hope you will not get "Demoted" to a Nobody on this Forum.:D

In all seriousness ... I have never used any Registry Cleaner ... so this will be my 1st time ... I will go ahead and download CCleaner ...

Q1: What am I looking for ... anything that says AnyDVD!?!?
Am I removing only AnyDVD stuff from folder and stuff or from "Registry" too?

Q2: I understand no matter how much you use CCleaner or any other Cleaner that AnyDVD Leaves some "FootPrint" around!!! So what good is CCleaner!?!?

Thanks,

In all seriousness ... I have never used any Registry Cleaner ... so this will be my 1st time ... I will go ahead and download CCleaner ...

Backup your registry first before using it:

click http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

Q1: What am I looking for ... anything that says AnyDVD!?!?
Am I removing only AnyDVD stuff from folder and stuff or from "Registry" too?

CCleaner will do everything for you. When you install it, don't let CCleaner install that stupid Yahoo Toolbar either. Uncheck that option.

Run CCleaner. Click the "registry" button on the left. Then click "scan for issues". Then allow CCleaner to fix all the problems.

So what good is CCleaner!?!?

It cleans up potential issues in your registry that may be causing some unknown problem for you when installing Anydvd.

So again . . .

1. Disable UAC.

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Try running a registry cleaner program at this point like CCleaner
e) Download Anydvd http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6514.exe
f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
g) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
h) Reinstall
i) Reboot
j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
k) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

Last edited:
@ James ... so is this .exe there to only help out with 64-bit compability portion!?!? If so, I am running the AnyDVD with XP SP2 Compatibility and Admin Rights "Ticked Up". So I won't really need the Disc Helper proggy "ADvdDiscHlp64.exe".
NEVER run AnyDVD in any "OS compatibility" mode. The helper .exe is only needed for 64bit applications asking for the disc id. AFAIK only VMC requires this.

I just installed it on clean 64 bit systems, always have UAC turned off as it's annoying, and have avast installed on some and AVG on others

He isn't the only one with this problem I'm having simular issues. I'm running XP64 clean install and only have Nero 8, CloneDVD2, and Acronis Disk Director running I'm not running any AVS's yet. I don't get his WER error but my system crashes when using WMP or even if I browse the forum here for this process problem. I know it is "ADvdDiscHlp64.exe" because when I kill the process under Task Manager my system runs fine. It is possible that my reg needs to be cleaned some of the logs in Event Viewer could indicate a problem there so I will try to clean and see if that helps.

I've had this machine in the past working with AnyDVD on it these problem came about a month or so ago which is why I re-installed the OS, I originally though I might have a MB or CPU issue.

I'm using a ECS KN1 SLi Extreme MB with a X2 4400 CPU and Kingston Value Memory (4x512MB=2GB). My voltages & temp are all well within tolerance, I'm not overheating.

So Gonwk don't feel like you are the only one with these problems, you aren't!

Anyone that likes UAC doesn't really understand how worthless it is, that's just my opinion as it is totally worthless and doesn't prevent anything bad from happening but sure can drive you crazy.

EDITED:
Ran CC and cleaned the reg sofar it seems to be working better but I need to pund a bit more to be sure that was the real issue. Sofar so good...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Stevo,

THANKS for your post.

Unfortuantely I haven't had the time to run with Webslinger's direction for the clean install and CC ... I have been extremely busy with work and stuff around the house ...

I will try it soon (I hope) and post back my results.

Stevo, I am also Hoping that I will be posting a Positive Reply ... since I would really like to get this program going without any hitch!

Hi Webslinger, James and everyone else who has been listening to my cries over AnyDVD and Vista 64-bit problem ...

Long and behold ... I had not upgraded my AnyDVD(HD) for a while and I just downloaded and installed version "6.5.2.5 Beta" and it worked like a Champ ... no Crashing of "ADvdDiscHlp64". I opened and clsoed the AnyDVD several times ... and it is A-OK.

Now, the only other thing I have done differently was updating my Comodo Firewall and my Antivirus ... and upgraded my Vista Codec Pack to 5.1.4 and 1.7 (X64 version).

Anyway ... THANKS to all of you guys!:rock:

Back