• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] AnyDVD HD, BD-Live and invalid certificates.

purpleman2k

Hi,

I've been using AnyDVD HD for quite some time and on quite a few discs. However there are some discs that constantly produce a symptom that worries me.

I don't have a standalone blu-ray player (yet), so I use my PC for playback, specifically with 2 versions of PowerDVD (PDVD7 3317a and PDVD9 latest).

Let's take, for instance, "The Dark Knight" and "Slumdog Millionaire". I used the latest AnyDVD HD to create an unprotected ISO (removing BD-Live and region protection).

Now, mounting Slumdog Millionaire with VCD and playing with PDVD-3317a, it recognizes the disc, starts playing, but all I see is a black screen and the player indicating that playback is in progress (seconds counting). Switch to PDVD9 and when I try loading the disc I get the message:

Code:
This blu-ray Disc's digital signature is not recognized or is invalid, therefore the BD-J content may be unsafe. Do you want to continue the connection to the BD-Live site?"

It doesn't matter if I click YES or NO, the player hangs on a black screen. HOWEVER - and this is the interesting part, if I check the PDVD9 setting box that says "allow connection when certification is invalid", the disc plays perfectly (without even showing the error message).

Now, that's all nice and great. But question is - is this okay? I mean, is this a software issue? what happens when I burn this to a BD-R in the future and try to play on a standalone player? What exactly is wrong here?

I would love to get insights :)

Thanks in advance,
-purpleman2k

P.S.
same thing happens for "the dark knight", except for that title it shows the WB logo and interactive loading animation before switching to a black screen. again, setting the checkbox in PDVD9 makes it play.

IIRC (and I'm pretty sure I do) it's normal. About your ripped BD-R, I don't think you can access BD-Live content from ripped discs (maybe I'm wrong and it depends on the disc, but I never really cared about BD-Live).

Yeah it's pretty standard, it's the only way round the issue in PDVD 9

Thanks for the responses.

The question is, why is it complaining about BD-Live and certificates when I asked AnyDVD HD to remove BD-Live?

Also, does that mean I don't get playback at all in PDVD7?

Thanks again :)

The playback issue in 7.3 is different, I'm pretty sure you'll need a newer build if you want to play back those films in 7.3. I'm assuming you meant 3319a the one that lets you play from folders, that build is 18 months old now

Thanks for the responses.

The question is, why is it complaining about BD-Live and certificates when I asked AnyDVD HD to remove BD-Live?

Also, does that mean I don't get playback at all in PDVD7?

Thanks again :)

FYI: PDVD9 even complains about some discs that don't even have BD-live and - even more interesting - there are some original discs it complains about in the same manner (that have neither BD-live nor have been touched by AnyDVD).
So don't worry, everything is just the way it's meant to be ;)

Thanks alot!

I really love how you guys at SlySoft support are so responsive, professional and reassuring.

Can't wait to have SlyPlayer haha! (P.S. any news on that?)

Regrads,
-purpleman2k

Back