• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Any DVD Ripper Error File IO 3 VTS05_1.VOB 2232879104 532480

teq

Hi,

(I checked the sticky note how to post issues, so I hope I got it right...)

I am currently ripping my DVD collection with AnyDVD 6.5.6.2 for future use with my SageTV HD Theater. In general this works well, however a few DVD are causing problems (i.e., AnyDVD stops the rip process with an error message).

As an example, Clockwork Orange (in an edition from German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung) gives me the following error message (see attached screenshot):

File IO 3 VTS05_1.VOB 3 2232879104 532480
AnyDVD Ripper error msg.jpg

I have also attached the zip archive with the AnyDVD logfile as noted in the instructions.
View attachment AnyDVD_6.5.6.2_Info_F_UHRWERK_ORANGE.zip

The interesting part is that - in an act of desperation - I downloaded a trial copy of DVDFab 6. And to my surprise it was able to rip the disk - it took an eternity to do so and DVDFab complained about some read errors, but in the end the rip was successful. (Note: The DVD is in perfectly fine condition and plays without any problem in Windows Media Player or on a standalone DVD player.)

What does the AnyDVD error message mean? Any suggestions how to solve this?

Thanks,
teq

You could think about a firmware upgrade.

Code:
AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!

Press the 'default' button on AnyDVD and try again.

You could think about a firmware upgrade.

Code:
AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!

Press the 'default' button on AnyDVD and try again.

Thank you for your immediate reply. I checked, but I don't seem to be able to find an update for my model (TS-H653ATI01).

teq

Hi,

(I checked the sticky note how to post issues, so I hope I got it right...)

I am currently ripping my DVD collection with AnyDVD 6.5.6.2 for future use with my SageTV HD Theater. In general this works well, however a few DVD are causing problems (i.e., AnyDVD stops the rip process with an error message).

As an example, Clockwork Orange (in an edition from German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung) gives me the following error message (see attached screenshot):

File IO 3 VTS05_1.VOB 3 2232879104 532480
View attachment 8021

I have also attached the zip archive with the AnyDVD logfile as noted in the instructions.
View attachment 8020

The interesting part is that - in an act of desperation - I downloaded a trial copy of DVDFab 6. And to my surprise it was able to rip the disk - it took an eternity to do so and DVDFab complained about some read errors, but in the end the rip was successful. (Note: The DVD is in perfectly fine condition and plays without any problem in Windows Media Player or on a standalone DVD player.)

What does the AnyDVD error message mean? Any suggestions how to solve this?

Thanks,
teq
Disc and/or drive is dirty/bad.

TSSTCORP CD/DVDW TS-H653A TI01

That's an OEM Samsung drive, with firmware version T101. Contact your computer vendor (which is your official source for firmware updates) to see if a firmware update is available.

fab can skip over read errors, and in such an instance, your backup is missing material (imperfect backup), even if it's an incredibly small amount of material.

File IO3 is a read error typically indicating a defective disc.

So as James says . . .

These are your options:

A. The original disc is bad even if it plays fine. Exchange it.

B. The disc is dirty. Clean it.

C. Your drive is slowly dying. Try a different drive.

D. The cable on the back of your drive is bad. Exchange it.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your replies. OK - so I'll try again using a different DVD drive (I still have two external drives somewhere around the house). BTW, is there any brand of DVD drives that you recommend that delivers the best results?

Regarding option A., that's almost like a copy protection, right? Plays well in Media Player/on external DVD players, but won't copy... :doh:

Thanks,
teq

Solved!

Wow - what a difference a quality drive can make. My external Freecom drive was able to read these DVDs without a hitch. 8)

Sorry for having bothered you with this. I should have tried it myself before posting. But I wasn't aware that there's such a difference between drives, and I had tried my two internal drives before (and both had failed).

Thanks again,

teq

Thanks for the feedback

Wow - what a difference a quality drive can make. My external Freecom drive was able to read these DVDs without a hitch. 8)

Sorry for having bothered you with this. I should have tried it myself before posting. But I wasn't aware that there's such a difference between drives, and I had tried my two internal drives before (and both had failed).

Thanks again,

teq

That error pointed you in the right direction and as a drive ages the ability to read non-perfect discs decreases. This is a curving failure, to mean it slowly creeps up on you and as Windows retries more often you may notice "reads" are taking longer and some will fail altogether.

See this for some user input regarding hardware:

http://forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Regarding option A., that's almost like a copy protection, right? Plays well in Media Player/on external DVD players, but won't copy... :doh:

No. Simply because a disc plays fine doesn't mean it is fine. Many discs can play fine but can still be defective: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=11981

Either your the drive you used originally is dying--or it's a poor reader of borderline defective discs. I'm glad you resolved your issue.

Last edited:
Back