• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resetting a "protected" disc's "database" entry?

dbminter

I'm guessing that when AnyDVD scans discs, it keeps a "database" of them. Particularly, or maybe only, protected discs. Let me explain a bit further. I inserted a DVD, but I had forgotten this was a new drive I was using and hadn't set the region code yet. AnyDVD detected structural protection, but no CSS. Considering only Disney and Lionsgate protect DVD's anymore due to the waning market for them, that this DVD set was from a minor company, and the other 4 discs in the set did not have structural protection, I'm guessing this was a false positive because the region hadn't been set yet. I don't know if that can cause a false positive. Now, whenever I insert the first disc that got scanned when the drive region hadn't been set yet, it always detects structural protection, even though there's no CSS.

So, my question is how can I "rescan" this disc so its entry in a "database" no longer detects structural protection? Is that even possible? Of course, this could be a false positive on just Disc 1 and will always detect this copy protection that probably isn't there.

The decrypted contents appear to be fine, though. I loaded them in DVDShrink and wrote out a new VIDEO_TS with no compression and no changes and DVDShrink didn't choke on the input.

Thanks!

If you create a logfile, the database for the disc will be reset. And there are many structural protected discs without CSS. If you want to force AnyDVD to skip structural protection removal, turn off "copy protection based on read errors".

Last edited:
Oh, yes, you're right. I'd been told that before about CSS; I forgot.

I still think it's a false positive in this case because none of the other 4 discs in the set were structurally protected. It seems unlikely just the first disc would be protected and not the others. However, I have seen a case where out of 3 discs in a set, the first 2 were structurally protected, but the last one was not.

Thanks for the "reset" instructions!

Hm, interestingly enough, after creating a new log file on the disc, AnyDVD still reports it's structurally protected. It's possible it could be, but, for the reasons I stated above, I believe it's a false positive.

Regardless, it doesn't apparently matter, because, as I said previously, the decrypted contents appear to be fine regardless of the reported structural protection. I've yet to actually play the contents to make 100% sure, but I'll report back later if they aren't properly decrypted.

Hm, interestingly enough, after creating a new log file on the disc, AnyDVD still reports it's structurally protected. It's possible it could be, but, for the reasons I stated above, I believe it's a false positive.

Regardless, it doesn't apparently matter, because, as I said previously, the decrypted contents appear to be fine regardless of the reported structural protection. I've yet to actually play the contents to make 100% sure, but I'll report back later if they aren't properly decrypted.
As I said, you can turn it off in AnyDVD settings.

Oh, yes, you're right. I'd been told that before about CSS; I forgot.

I still think it's a false positive in this case because none of the other 4 discs in the set were structurally protected. It seems unlikely just the first disc would be protected and not the others. However, I have seen a case where out of 3 discs in a set, the first 2 were structurally protected, but the last one was not.

Thanks for the "reset" instructions!
"False positives" usually don't do much harm. But unless you post a logfile, I don't know. :rolleyes:

Oh, I wasn't aware I should have posted a log file. :) My drive is currently is use with a write operation, but, once it's done, I'll post a log of the disc in question. And maybe one of Disc 2, which doesn't return structural protection, as a baseline for comparison, if desired.

Log files attached. This is from the just released R1 DVD set of Robocop: The Series.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.2.1_Info_R_ROBOCOP_D1.ziplog
    127.8 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_8.6.2.1_Info_R_ROBOCOP_D2.ziplog
    150.3 KB · Views: 1
Back