• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request Requests about audio tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I would like to ask if you can consider tweaking the way how audio tracks are handled.

Right now the order of audio tracks when grabbing more then one language is random as you can see on screenshots and its really hard to make any batch post processing cause of this.
So for example if series have English and German (Original) audio tracks it should always be ID1 English ID2 German and not the other way around.
Cause you were able to do so with subtitles, it should be easy to make it work with audio tracks as well.
Anystream is the only software that doesnt have audio track languages in order. :(

And my second request is about audio language preset.
Something like, if I want to always download English, Czech, Slovak and Original language, then I should be able to set it up in some configuration and not selecting them all the time.
Dont know about other services, but for example on Netflix you can see what language is original one, so I think my request should be relatively easy to implement.

Thanks and have a nice day

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-13 142440.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-13 142440.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot 2023-12-13 142413.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-13 142413.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 10
First is a known issue ever since this feature has been implemented and the second one has been requested already, at least I did so for the subs. Not sure if my wording made clear that it should also be a pre-setting for audio. The devs rely on AS to auto-detect your preferences. Tehy get saved into the registry and you can delete unwanted entries if there are any (like you downloaded a specific language once and never since, but it get's selected anyway).

well Im having hard time to find language preference in registry. For some unknown reason, German audio is always checked for me, even so that I unchecking it every single time. and if I want to mux subtitles in the file, there is no track names for languages, so we dont even know if subtitles are forced or not :( would be awesome if devs can do some better management for languages, cause its rly hard to do any batch operations right now :( I think a lot of things would be better if mkv container could be implemented as well.

well Im having hard time to find language preference in registry
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RedFox\AnyStream\Media
PrefAudioLanguage
Remove de_DE, start AS and select a title you know had german audio checked. See if it is unchecked now.

so we dont even know if subtitles are forced or not
Well, I have no clue how they are named if you embed them. But you save them as an external file, they have forced or cc attached to them. Or not if it is the normal track.

and if I want to mux subtitles in the file, there is no track names for languages, so we dont even know if subtitles are forced or not
Uhm, using MediaInfo you can clearly distinguish tubtitle tracks
1702742145237.png

Even though the tracks are not marked as forced (you'd have to do that manually by remuxing), they are correctly named.

Uhm, using MediaInfo you can clearly distinguish tubtitle tracks
View attachment 76044

Even though the tracks are not marked as forced (you'd have to do that manually by remuxing), they are correctly named.

1702750722450.png

and ofc I can check it with mediainfo and then edit it in mkvtoolnix or something like that, but tbh IDs of subtitles are random as the audio ones.
So if Im editing series that have like 100 episodes, its kinda hard to do that with a batch command and its tiresome to do that one by one:(
Would be much better if dl content was mkv with srt subs and proper naming.

You can use mkvpropedit to set the forced flag of a track without remuxing.
Is that possible with the output of AnyStream (MP4) ?

and ofc I can check it with mediainfo and then edit it in mkvtoolnix or something like that, but tbh IDs of subtitles are random as the audio ones.
So if Im editing series that have like 100 episodes, its kinda hard to do that with a batch command and its tiresome to do that one by one:(
Would be much better if dl content was mkv with srt subs and proper naming.
Never had issues doing that with StaxRip ... throw single files, multiple files or folderstructures at it, they all get batch processed
1702812529410.png

@RedFox 1 can I get some statement on this one? Its getting rly annoying to not be able to do batch operations with series, when every episode have audio language ID mixed up :( other competitors have no problem with downloading audio track with the same order for every episode, so it should be easily doable :(

Its getting rly annoying to not be able to do batch operations with series
Maybe do it as I do, even though it will take longer:
Pause the queue.
First, download it in 1080p (or the hightest resolution you want) with your main language (for me, German). Then, add everything a second time, but with 720p and Englisch. And at last, if Japanese is available, 480p. That way I get all languages I want and also 720p for use on mobile if I should ever need it.

You can of course modify this and only download 360p on the other languages, whatever you like. And because you paused the queue, it let's you add everything and then, when downloading, it will add (1) and (2) to the filenames. If you don't pause the queue or add the other stuff when the 1080p version is done, it will tell you that it has been downloaded already, only giving you the option to overwrite or skip it. There is still no button to download it anyways.

And then you can use MKVToolNix or a script that recognizes the (1) to merge it together. So it will take the file without any addition to it, and then the audio track from the file with (1), then the file with (2).

Only issue is if there is a download initialization error in between and it does not create a file (1), then it will name the third file (1) instead of (2) because there is no file (1). Then you need to adjust it manually after everything is done.

Right now the order of audio tracks when grabbing more then one language is random as you can see on screenshots and its really hard to make any batch post processing cause of this.
So for example if series have English and German (Original) audio tracks it should always be ID1 English ID2 German and not the other way around.
Cause you were able to do so with subtitles, it should be easy to make it work with audio tracks as well.
Anystream is the only software that doesnt have audio track languages in order.
I would also like this issue to be resolved.
I wouldn't care what the orders of the audio tracks were (original or not coming first), you just have to make sure that the first episode to the last follow that same order and not be left in a random order.

Since it's a known issue, I ended up downloading 1 file per audio and then muxing them in mkv when doing batch processing. Only issue doing this, is that you need to rename each video file or it will get overwritten when downloading again.

Only issue doing this, is that you need to rename each video file or it will get overwritten when downloading again.
And because you paused the queue, it let's you add everything and then, when downloading, it will add (1) and (2) to the filenames. If you don't pause the queue or add the other stuff when the 1080p version is done, it will tell you that it has been downloaded already, only giving you the option to overwrite or skip it. There is still no button to download it anyways.
Only issue is if there is a download initialization error in between and it does not create a file (1), then it will name the third file (1) instead of (2) because there is no file (1). Then you need to adjust it manually after everything is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back