• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Request/Suggestion] - Show size of file prior to download

DQ

I am not sure this is at all possible, but it would be handy to know the size of a file before you click download.

This way you can see this info before you download and burn a token to find out the size of the file.

Or maybe even if there was a separate button you could click the see the size of the file, again, prior to download.

Just an idea that would be handy in my opinion.

I +1 that, since there is a disk space check they have to know somehow how big the file will be.
Although I consider this a nice to have for myself, not a high priority thing since I don't care about disk space and I always monitor how much is left, so when I see the disk runs full I copy it to my external drives before I proceed downloading.

However, I can see this to be extremly useful for people without as much drive space to consider if they should download that large 1080p movie now or in a few days after deleting some things (I know, deleting... awful. Who would do that?)

Also it is extremly important for HBO users, if 4k is still a thing there (I don't have it and there where DRM issues lately, so I cannot say if 4k is still available there or not).

Reactions: DQ
You should never go below 100gbs on any hard drive, SSD or mechanical. Usually with Windows the drive in the drive panel with turn RED when running out of space, AS will also check to see if have enough room.

You should never go below 100gbs on any hard drive, SSD or mechanical. Usually with Windows the drive in the drive panel with turn RED when running out of space, AS will also check to see if have enough room.

Disk space does not have anything to do with why I want to know what the file size is beforehand.

I would also appreciate this. I have another service that I use alongside AS and it will tell me the expected total size of a TV show when I'm making my quality selection and it's very helpful. Especially since 1080p on AZ can be a much different bit-rate than 1080p on NF for example.

Disk space does not have anything to do with why I want to know what the file size is beforehand.
I know, download time. And maybe to compare it to another version between providers if the movie is on more than one.

I would also appreciate this. I have another service that I use alongside AS and it will tell me the expected total size of a TV show when I'm making my quality selection and it's very helpful. Especially since 1080p on AZ can be a much different bit-rate than 1080p on NF for example.
Maybe someday, I will ask politely to add this, then run for my life.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Maybe someday, I will ask politely to add this, then run for my life.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I asked it under the hope that it's impossible, not feasible or easy to do ;)

I am not sure this is at all possible, but it would be handy to know the size of a file before you click download.

I recall asking this in the "distant past", and the answer is impossible as the file size is not known until the download starts. But someone may correct me if that is wrong.

Beforehand perhaps tricky due to tokens but estimated file size during download would also be nice, of course beforehand would be optimal, now I kinda estimate doing math in my head with bytes received around 5-10%

I can't say for sure and I can't check right now, but the amount of tokens is known in the log. The question us if that is known before or after the download starts. Using that it might be possible to at least show a possible size. (Yes I know that would not be the RedFox aka the good way, it is only an idea of myself).

Back