• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request for Enhancements in Future CloneBD Updates

tectpro

Translator (ms_MY)
Hello everyone,

While CloneBD has been an invaluable tool for many, it's apparent that updates have become less frequent in recent times.
With that in mind, I'd like to propose some suggestions for potential enhancements.
These improvements would undoubtedly elevate the software and cater to the evolving needs of its user base.

1. Enhanced Compression for Extras:
    It would be immensely helpful if CloneBD could incorporate an option to selectively apply higher compression to extra content when needed. This feature would benefit users who wish to economize storage space while still preserving essential extras.

2. Flexible Resolution Adjustment:
    An additional feature that could greatly enhance CloneBD is the ability to downscale or resize extras from 4K content to 1080p or 1080p to 720p to optimize storage space.

3. Audio Conversion and Bitrate Control:
    To further customize the user experience, CloneBD could introduce the capability to convert audio formats for extras, such as converting DTS to AC3. Additionally, allowing users to independently adjust the bitrate for audio in extras compared to the main movie would offer greater flexibility in managing file sizes.

4. Leveraging GPU Advancements:
    In light of recent advancements in GPU technology, it would be wonderful if CloneBD could make the most of these innovations. Specifically, the following GPU-related features could be explored:
    • Nvidia: Utilize both available GPU engines for encoding when multiple engines are accessible, taking advantage of the latest Nvidia driver releases.

• Intel: Implement Intel's Hypermode to optimize encoding performance. Details can be found in the HyperEncode Feature Developer Guide.
      Code:
       https://github.com/oneapi-src/oneVPL-intel-gpu/blob/main/doc/HyperEncode_FeatureDeveloperGuide.md

• Intel: Intel's Improved Multi-GPU Video Acceleration Support, as detailed in this link: Intel's Multi-GPU Video Acceleration Support
      Code:
       https://github.com/intel/cartwheel-ffmpeg/releases/tag/2023q1
      This could significantly enhance CloneBD's performance and expand its capabilities in utilizing Intel GPU technology.

• Intel, Nvidia, AMD: Enable multi-GPU encoding support, allowing CloneBD to utilize more than one GPU for encoding, enabling multiple instances of CloneBD to run concurrently.

• Intel, Nvidia, AMD: Implement Hardware AV1 Encode on supported GPU's for File Conversions (e.g., MKV):
      Enable CloneBD to take advantage of hardware-based AV1 encoding capabilities when converting to file formats like MKV. This addition would not only enhance the efficiency of file conversions but also support the adoption of the AV1 codec.
I understand that these suggestions may involve complex development efforts, but I believe they align with the evolving needs of CloneBD's user base. Your continuous commitment to enhancing CloneBD is genuinely appreciated, and these improvements would undoubtedly make CloneBD even more versatile and user-friendly.

Thank you for your attention, and I look forward to seeing how CloneBD evolves in the future.

tectpro

Hello again,

For the point I made about NVIDIA utilizing both available GPU engines for encoding when multiple engines are accessible, it's based on the insights provided in a NVIDIA developer blog from May 24, 2023. The article dives into the details of split encoding, which can offer significant performance speedups compared to sequential encoding by leveraging multiple NVENCs on the chip simultaneously.

Here's the article for those interested: New Video Creation and Streaming Features Accelerated by the NVIDIA Video Codec SDK
Code:
https://developer.nvidia.com/blog/new-video-creation-and-streaming-features-accelerated-by-the-nvidia-video-codec-sdk/

A notable excerpt from the article:
"With split encoding, an input frame is split and each part is processed in parallel by multiple NVENCs on the chip, which results in a significant speedup compared to sequential encoding."

Thank you for your understanding, and I appreciate the community's patience.
It's important to me that all the information presented is transparent and supported by reliable sources. I encourage anyone interested to delve into the above article to gain a deeper understanding of the advancements NVIDIA is making in this space.
My apologies for missing this in the initial post, and thank you for understanding. It's essential to provide sources when making such recommendations, and I wanted to ensure that all the information presented is transparent and verifiable.

Thank you again for your time!

Hello everyone,

While CloneBD has been an invaluable tool for many, it's apparent that updates have become less frequent in recent times.
With that in mind, I'd like to propose some suggestions for potential enhancements.
These improvements would undoubtedly elevate the software and cater to the evolving needs of its user base.

1. Enhanced Compression for Extras:
    It would be immensely helpful if CloneBD could incorporate an option to selectively apply higher compression to extra content when needed. This feature would benefit users who wish to economize storage space while still preserving essential extras.

2. Flexible Resolution Adjustment:
    An additional feature that could greatly enhance CloneBD is the ability to downscale or resize extras from 4K content to 1080p or 1080p to 720p to optimize storage space.

3. Audio Conversion and Bitrate Control:
    To further customize the user experience, CloneBD could introduce the capability to convert audio formats for extras, such as converting DTS to AC3. Additionally, allowing users to independently adjust the bitrate for audio in extras compared to the main movie would offer greater flexibility in managing file sizes.

4. Leveraging GPU Advancements:
    In light of recent advancements in GPU technology, it would be wonderful if CloneBD could make the most of these innovations. Specifically, the following GPU-related features could be explored:
    • Nvidia: Utilize both available GPU engines for encoding when multiple engines are accessible, taking advantage of the latest Nvidia driver releases.

• Intel: Implement Intel's Hypermode to optimize encoding performance. Details can be found in the HyperEncode Feature Developer Guide.
      Code:
       https://github.com/oneapi-src/oneVPL-intel-gpu/blob/main/doc/HyperEncode_FeatureDeveloperGuide.md

• Intel: Intel's Improved Multi-GPU Video Acceleration Support, as detailed in this link: Intel's Multi-GPU Video Acceleration Support
      Code:
       https://github.com/intel/cartwheel-ffmpeg/releases/tag/2023q1
      This could significantly enhance CloneBD's performance and expand its capabilities in utilizing Intel GPU technology.

• Intel, Nvidia, AMD: Enable multi-GPU encoding support, allowing CloneBD to utilize more than one GPU for encoding, enabling multiple instances of CloneBD to run concurrently.

• Intel, Nvidia, AMD: Implement Hardware AV1 Encode on supported GPU's for File Conversions (e.g., MKV):
      Enable CloneBD to take advantage of hardware-based AV1 encoding capabilities when converting to file formats like MKV. This addition would not only enhance the efficiency of file conversions but also support the adoption of the AV1 codec.
I understand that these suggestions may involve complex development efforts, but I believe they align with the evolving needs of CloneBD's user base. Your continuous commitment to enhancing CloneBD is genuinely appreciated, and these improvements would undoubtedly make CloneBD even more versatile and user-friendly.

Thank you for your attention, and I look forward to seeing how CloneBD evolves in the future.

tectpro
try contacting ELBY BYTES support with this email, they answer faster there, there is no ELBY BYTES direct office here, but the ideas are absolutely excellent, I couldn't have written it better :)

try contacting ELBY BYTES support with this email, they answer faster there, there is no ELBY BYTES direct office here, but the ideas are absolutely excellent, I couldn't have written it better :)
Tried a few times but always get a mailer daemon.

Tried a few times but always get a mailer daemon.
Elby sometimes answers me, however, I believe that the requests will be forwarded, we will see in time after the truth, there has not been an update for quite some time, the latest is a beta version that fixes the problem with the sound in the MKV format

This is likely a very silly request, but I would like the ability to edit the names of audio/subtitle tracks when creating MKVs.

You'll be lucky if you ever receive another CloneBD update from Elby.

Back