• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Repair structure

xCharvelx416

I just bought the dvd for Kick-Ass.. and yeah, been out for some time.. no problems with AnyDVD that I can see, but after 97%.. CloneDVD goes into "Please wait while we repair the DVD structure". At this point, you can see on the screen, the ending credits.

Then fails with the error... "start block not found".

I'll see if I can get the picture and Clone file attached.. in the mean time, does anyone see anything with this log file? I can replace the disk if necessary.

Edit: ripping just the movie

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.7.3_Info_D_Kick Ass.zip
    228.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Try ripping the disk to folder using AnyDVD alone. (right click the little Fox in the tray)

-W

Thanks Clams...

I tried that.. and it stopped as well. So I took the disk back out.. cleaned it up with soap and water, and tried again. Was a little slow when it reached the end of the disk, but it finally made a copy. Chalk it up to a bad press I would assume.

Appreciate the response!

Often a different drive can read a disk that's marginal in another drive.

-W

Just wondering....

Is the "Kick Ass" US DVD (I assume, you have the US version and this is the cool movie with Nicholas Cage) really a single layer disc?

Or is AnyDVD reporting this incorrectly?

Just wondering....

Is the "Kick Ass" US DVD (I assume, you have the US version and this is the cool movie with Nicholas Cage) really a single layer disc?

No I do recall it was a DL version for the US not a SL version. I am not sure where they got theres but the US is a DL version DVD9 not a DVD5.

Quite some time ago someone had a problem with Kick Ass (Region 1) using AnyDVD v6.7.9.6. Logs are posted in that thread and it's a single-layer disc. The disc size matches up doing a very quick look at the status.

Refer here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=47329. Not saying the problem is the same but just confirming there is a single-layer Region 1 release.

Last edited:
Quite some time ago someone had a problem with Kick Ass (Region 1) using AnyDVD v6.7.9.6. Logs are posted in that thread and it's a single-layer disc. The disc size matches up doing a very quick look at the status.

Refer here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=47329.

It's the 1st post (of 3 total) in that thread - 16th post in the other thread.
(the guy posted in 2 threads)

-W

It's the 1st post (of 3 total) in that thread - 16th post in the other thread.
(the guy posted in 2 threads)

-W

Good catch. I removed some of the info and just left the first link. Somehow I didn't notice it was two different threads when I was looking at it. :eek:

Just wondering....

James...

I snap shot the cover for this.. and also put the disk back in to scan, it's a single layer DVD. AnyDVD didn't have any issues with decryption that I could tell, I usually don't have any issues at all..

20130409_125029_zpsbfecd66d.gif

Here in the US, we get many versions of disks released depending on how "generic" the disk is.. or the price we want to pay for extras. Like this disk, many are sold just movie only with little adverts or trailers, and no DVD extras like deleted scenes, director's comments/editions.. etc.

And yes.. it's the one with Nicolas Cage in it.

No I do recall it was a DL version for the US not a SL version. I am not sure where they got theres but the US is a DL version DVD9 not a DVD5.

Sorry... but I do indeed have an SL version of this movie.

Even windows reports it as a 4.37GB size disk.

Back