• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Removing Region Codes From .ISO files

warmfuzzy

Hi. I already have a DVD ripper to backup my private collection of DVDs so I don't need AnyDVD to do that. However I do need AnyDVD to remove region codes on my collection. Can AnyDVD remove region codes on .ISO images? You see, my collection has been ripped to .ISO files (image files of the DVDs) and they are ripped so that they are identical to the originals. This allows me to watch them on my computer, which I prefer over my TV. It would be great if AnyDVD and AnyDVD HD would be able to remove region codes out of .ISO image files. Can this software do that? If not, then may I suggest that the feature be added? Thank you for your replies and action to implement this feature.

Kind regards,
W

Hi. I already have a DVD ripper to backup my private collection of DVDs so I don't need AnyDVD to do that. However I do need AnyDVD to remove region codes on my collection. Can AnyDVD remove region codes on .ISO images? You see, my collection has been ripped to .ISO files (image files of the DVDs) and they are ripped so that they are identical to the originals. This allows me to watch them on my computer, which I prefer over my TV. It would be great if AnyDVD and AnyDVD HD would be able to remove region codes out of .ISO image files. Can this software do that? If not, then may I suggest that the feature be added? Thank you for your replies and action to implement this feature.

Kind regards,
W

Afaik it should be able to remove the region codes yes, plus the region code normally gets removed with the decryption. So wether you ripped to iso with CloneDVD (preferred way) or with AnyDVD, the region code should already been removed. I suggest you mount an ISO in virtual clone drive (or any other virtual drive), and enable AnyDVD for that drive. If the region hasnt been removed then anydvd should do its magic.

So you are suggesting mounting my DVD on a virtual drive, and if the region code is still there, then I should rip the DVD mounted virtually on lets say Drive E: as if it were a standard DVD, and ripping with AnyDVD. This is a very interesting response. Thank you!

Also, is there a way to see if a DVD .ISO has a region code on it? Is there some way to display if it has one?

Sincerely,
W

I guess AnyDVD will display if there is a region code after you have mounted the iso with clone drive. The behavior of the mounted iso is like having a physically disc in your real dvd/bd drive.

So you are suggesting mounting my DVD on a virtual drive, and if the region code is still there, then I should rip the DVD mounted virtually on lets say Drive E: as if it were a standard DVD, and ripping with AnyDVD.
There should be *NO* need to re-rip. If AnyDVD is active with its default settings checked, either when you ripped the ISO (with any program) *or* when you mount it on a virtual drive, AnyDVD removes DVD region coding on-the-fly. (You may have to check the option for BD region coding.)

Last edited:
Doesn't always work that way. If you partly remove the encryption when making the ISO you can't always remove the region code later

Back