• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Removing annoying clips backup error

George++

While backing up Cheers Season 9 (R1-US), CloneDVD2 2.9.3.0 and AnyDVD 6.8.0.7, none of the 5 discs' output have a valid DVD structure if I select the DVD option to remove annoying clips from the menu. Does not matter if the output is to a folder or to .iso. The backups are directly unplayable with Windows Media Player 11 or VLC, and a DVD burned from the backup is unreadable in a stand-alone DVD player (I tried 3 different players) Set AnyDVD to the defaults (do not remove annoying clips) and the backups work just fine with the media players or burned to DVD.

I've included AnyDVD and CloneDVD logs for both situations.

The original DVDs play fine using WMP or VLC no matter what the remove annoying clips option is set to. This problem was also present in AnyDVD 6.8.0.5.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.0.7_Info_E_CHEERS_S9_US_D2_(Remove_clips).zip
    116.4 KB · Views: 0
  • CloneDVD 2.9.3.0 CHEERS_S9_US_D2 (Remove annoying clips).zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_6.8.0.7_Info_E_CHEERS_S9_US_D2_(Defaults).zip
    116.4 KB · Views: 0
  • CloneDVD 2.9.3.0 CHEERS_S9_US_D2 (Defaults).zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Just for giggles I tried using AnyDVD's built-in ripper (to HDD) and the same problem occurs. Use remove annoying clips and the DVD structure is unplayable, rip using the defaults and it plays fine.

Another DVD set has problems with removing annoying menu clips

Another DVD set results in unplayable back-ups if removing annoying menu clips: Hawaii Five-0 (original series), Season 10 (R1-US).

Loading the AnyDVD output into VobBlanker seems to show that AnyDVD is removing ALL menu clips, not just the annoying ones.

H50.png

Load the backup using the defaults into VobBlanker, and the proper DVD menus are there:

H5O-default.png

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.0.8_Info_E_HAWAII_FIVE_0_S10_D6(Default_settings).zip
    117.5 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_6.8.0.8_Info_E_HAWAII_FIVE_0_S10_D6(Remove_menu_clips).zip
    117.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I have the same problem. It renders the rip unplayable. This is for multiple discs.

The previous feature that this one replaced would auto-skip to either the title menu or the main movie. It worked perfectly on every disc I own. This new replacement feature has caused approximately half of my backups to be unplayable. I now have disabled the feature as it is so unreliable.

Any plans to fix this? Or bring the old "skip to menu" option back?

Back