• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Remove Zone A on the Backbeat movie

Blåræv

Hi
I made a iso copy of the Backbeat movie (zone A) with AnyDVD HD on my PC (Pioneer BD-R drive) and burned it out on a blank BD-R.
It still had the zone protection when I play the copy in my Sony BDPX700 UHD BD player, zone B only.
What should I do to remove the zone A protection?
/Blåræv

I'm pretty sure they where sat, but I will check it.
Thanks!

I don't recommend to enable "remove Blu-ray country code", unless there is a good reason.

I don't recommend to enable "remove Blu-ray country code", unless there is a good reason.
I live in Europe (zone B) and have some US movies (zone A), so isn't "remove Blu-ray country code" nessesary?

Is there a way I can check my iso's for regions? They should be zone free, but maybe I have other iso's with zone A restriktion.
I'm thinking with Vitual CloneDrive, and som file in the iso.

Is there a way I can check my iso's for regions? They should be zone free, but maybe I have other iso's with zone A restriktion.
Worst case you have to load the ISO with VCD and re-rip with the options set.

Please elaborate why?
It is a field completely unrelated to region coding, misused by some anime publishers.

EDIT: If checked, country code is always set to USA, which is probably not what you want. As the right mouse button explains, only some US anime discs need this.

Last edited:
Use a PC Blu-ray player software to check. PowerDVD (payware) or VLC with Java extensions (free). Set the PC player software region to "B".

It is a field completely unrelated to region coding, misused by some anime publishers.
Thanks! What would be the implications worst case? EDIT: I used that option all the time an never had any issues.

Thanks! What would be the implications worst case? EDIT: I used that option all the time an never had any issues.
Don't know what code on a disc might do. Display different copyright messages?

No. Never any issues.
Good for you. I had a reason to make this a separate checkbox. Why would I do this if I consider it "safe"? I could automatically turn it on.
BTW, I have never ever used this option and never had any issues.
:)
But I don't watch anime discs from US publishers.

Good for you. I had a reason to make this a separate checkbox. Why would I do this if I consider it "safe"? I could automatically turn it on.
BTW, I have never ever used this option and never had any issues.
:)
But I don't watch anime discs from US publishers.
I don't watch anime either but I have it always enabled and had never issues. :giggle: :giggle:

I don't watch anime either but I have it always enabled and had never issues. :giggle: :giggle:
Again: Good for you. But I don't recommend to use it unless for US anime discs, and I would appreciate if you don't recommend using it to other people.

Back