• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Remove adverts and trailers question

elwaylite

Ive been away awhile, and just reloaded anydvdhd in prep for my Dune HD player thats coming.

In the past, I just always ripped to ISO and played my files with an Oppo, and the "remover adverts and trailers" option was still fresh and I never tried it. Is it a feature that works very reliable, and do you just end up at the movie menu roughly when playing back the 1:1 ISO?

I also notice there is a remove video sequences less than X.

Thanks.

OK, so I have been playing with several of my discs, using the removal features on and off, then viewing in power dvd and seeing what happens. Can I assume, if I have them turned on, and power dvd has no problem getting to the main menu, and then playing the movie, that a rip to iso will play fine in a media player like the Dune I have on order, with the adverts and such removed?

Thanks.

Man, if powerdvd is any sign of how these features work, its pretty cool. Some disc, like Disney, arent really affected but they do have that stupid menu bar that allows you to go to the movie.

Another, for example, was my Terminator Salvation Blu, with all those removals on, powerdvd went straight to the main movie. Now thats awesome, because there was a bunch of stuff it just obliterated.

All of my TV shows are SD. I've been ripping them in to ISO's with the remove annoying into and autro clip menus, and it always worked.

Now, I've had to change the settings from 1 min. file to 7 min. files because the last two TV Shows I've ripped still had previews.

What I did last night was play the movie normally on powerdvd, write down the length of each vid sequence before the main menu, then go into BDInfo and I'd see sequence of the exact same lengths, then this told me how much to adjust that slider for, pretty cool.

My only concern would be a seamless branching movie, where the main play list has multiple short M2TS videos within it. Im not sure if the "remove vid sequences" feature would screw this up, so Ill have to experiment.

Back