• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Region Questions

slee02

I was wondering on the latest bluray I purchased (Insidious 3) from Walmart about the region...It said that AnyDVD HD couldn't know and I have to choose and choose US (A). But how do I know if it is Region-Free or not??? Any way to check instead of choosing Free or A with AnyDVD HD??? Also what happens if I choose wrong? Like Region-Free and I choose A (US) or vice-versa?? Unsure about the ones I purchased off of Amazon...because some blurays I purchased suppose to have Cinavia, but when I ripped then to hard drive and played them with PDVD no message popped up around 20mins...kept going....unsure if they are counterfeit or what....

If you have a US disc and you are unsure just choose Region A and you will be fine (even if the disc is Region Free it won't hurt)

If you choose Region Free then AnyDVD will not remove the Region, so if the disc is Region A it will remain locked, this doesn't cause a problem unless you are going to playback on a non Region A Player.

Only time you can ever have a major problem is if you choose Region B or C and the disc is actually Region A, this will cause the disc to no longer work in any player.

Don't worry, AnyDVD prevents PowerDVD from detecting Cinavia, so you won't see the message, those discs are genuine :)

Back