• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Region question

DADEO

I use a hpBDDVDRW CH20L along with AnyDVDHD and have no current problems playing or backing up. While reading the stickys there was some info about the region setting. My current (has been for quite sometime) region setting is "not selected". Although I have no problems to report, I am wondering what may happen down the road with my "not selected" region setting. Should I have a definitive setting or just leave well enough alone?

I use a hpBDDVDRW CH20L along with AnyDVDHD and have no current problems playing or backing up. While reading the stickys there was some info about the region setting. My current (has been for quite sometime) region setting is "not selected". Although I have no problems to report, I am wondering what may happen down the road with my "not selected" region setting. Should I have a definitive setting or just leave well enough alone?

With respect to backing up SD DVDs you may run into a problem with a particular disc down the road where the CSS keys cannot be obtained even when brute forcing is used. It's recommended that you set it once and then forget it. That way the possibility of this issue occurring won't be statistically possible. Not setting the region will have no impact on dealing with Blu-Ray discs.

DrinkLyeAndDie, thanks for the tip, your advice will be followed.

Back