• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Region problems with the French version of X-Men The Last Stand

tege

I’m having problems with a number of Region B BluRays I recently received. I will attach the log files as well.

AnyDVD HD to rip
VCD to mount
TMT 3 for playback

The BluRay seems to rip ok and also seems to region free the iso but then I go the play the Movie through TMT 3 all I get is the warning that the disc is locked to Region B. I've also tried this disc with PowerDVD 10 and it does the same thing.

Im trying to figure out if there is something that I’m not setting during the ripping process. The strange thing is that some BluRays work fine with this process and others fail and they are all locked to Region B only.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.3.7_Info_F_XMEN_F2.zip
    92 KB · Views: 8
What are the settings in the blu-ray / hd-dvd options in AnyDVD ?

Blu-ray disc Region set to A!
Blu-ray standard region lock adjusted to Region A!

From the AnyDVD Status

You need to Set AnyDVD to the region of the disc to remove it, it is your drive hardware region that you need to set to the region you're in (for dvd's, doesnt matter for BD's).

change the region to B and it should work

Sorry about that. Normally I have "Remove BluRay Region Code" set to Auto. I've been playing with the settings to see if I could get something working and forgot to put it back.

I can play the physical disc when I have AnyDVD HD running and region set to auto. It will lock to B and play the physical disc.

Its when I rip it to an ISO image and try to playback the image is where I'm having a problem. I have "Remove BluRay Region Code" enabled and I can also see that the ripped image is set to region free.

I turn off AnyDVD HD, mount the iso with VCD, the try and play it back with TMT 3 or PowerDVD and I get the region code error.

Here is a dump of the logs after setting it to Auto.
I also included the log of the mounted iso just so you can see what it looks like but I usually don’t enable AnyDVD HD during playback.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.3.7_Info_F_XMEN_F2.zip
    92.7 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_6.6.3.7_Info_M_XMEN_F2.zip
    77.5 KB · Views: 0
offcourse it will lock to region b when it determines the region. The first logfile you posted sais otherwise. Don't set the region to Auto, Set it to B to remove the region and rerip

OK. I could sware that I tried that. It worked great this time.

I guess the one question I have is why doesn't it work with Auto???:bang: When I go in and set the Region Code to B it worked great. Auto says it was locked to B.

Its working now so I will be happy with that.

Thanks for the help!

-tommy

Auto determines the disc region yes, but due to the nature of how BD discs are authored it cannot always set the region properly and why it asks you for a region if it can't determine it. This is why it is recommended to use either a fixed region, or set it to ask each time.

Anyways, glad its fixed and glad i could help :)

Back