• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Region Confusion

Roycal

Hi All,

I'm still confused about the Region thing. I assume that if I buy a copy of a title in the USA that it will be region A/1. So I select Region A if AnyDVD does not know the region.

My question is, if it's really a region free title, does it make a difference if I pick region A? My other question is, why is AnyDVDHD unable to detect the region sometimes?

TIA and I'm sure I'm not the only one confused ;)

Hi All,

I'm still confused about the Region thing. I assume that if I buy a copy of a title in the USA that it will be region A/1. So I select Region A if AnyDVD does not know the region.

My question is, if it's really a region free title, does it make a difference if I pick region A?
Not really. But if you don't select A you might miss the FBI warning, which often is a "Region A exclusive" on otherwise region free titles. You see, "region free" is often "region different".
But region code removal will always remove other features like BD-Live, and it will take longer. So if you live in the US and use only US discs, turn off region code removal, which happens to be the default setting.

Why don't you just try it with PC playback software? Only takes a few seconds. And no, you don't have to rip...

My other question is, why is AnyDVDHD unable to detect the region sometimes?
This happens, if AnyDVD can't read the printed region off the disc label. :D

Back