• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Region coding on BD-R

S Julty

I'm considering the purchase of AnyDVD-HD but first, I have a question...

One of my clients had a high resolution, video presentation created from
his original artwork and, then had it encoded for Blu-Ray at a professional
post production house.

The post house burned a reference Blue-Ray disc which, he would like to
send to the videographer who did the work for him in Germany.

My question is twofold:

1) Is Region coding a function of the BD burner or the encoding software?

2) If the answer to the previous question is "yes", is it possible make a Region
free (code 0) copy by using AnyDVD-HD?

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance,

-Steve

Region lock is both a function of the drive, disc and software. Who is responsible depends on the disc type. For a DVD, the drive is responsible, for a bluray the region is stored on the DISC which should have been set during encoding stage.

Yes anydvd can remove bluray region if you choose to do so. In this case it is imperative you choose the region of the DISC of where you got it, not your own region. For example if you live in a region A zone and import a region B bluray, to remove the region you MUST specify region B. If you pick region A you'll end up with a non functioning backup.

Please note: bluray regions are separate from video standards (pal/ntsc).

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Back