• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Region 4

electricjungle

A dvd series says Region 4, in the US will ANYDVD have any problems? My DVD reader is set to Region 1.

It might have depending on the CSS, as due to the mismatched region anydvd will need to bruteforce guess the CSS encryption keys. Usually it works fine. What it will NOT do however is convert the PAL video format used in region 4 to the NTSC video format used in region 1 (US)

Will I have an iso I can use with Handbrake?
When AnyDVD can decrypt the disc, you can copy it to a folder or create an .iso file. You can also directly let Handbrake (or any other program) read the disc.

how about the PAL NTSC thing?
As I said, you can then convert the disc using Handbrake, you might not even have to rip it first. If AnyDVD has any issues decrypting the disc, then feel free to come back again and send us a logfile of the disc (insert the disc and tell AnyDVD to create it, then post it here).

I guess this isn't a handbrake forum.
There are people here who can answer these kind of questions about encoding and even do scripts and stuff. And you can ask about handbrake and other converting software in the third party forum.

Once anydvd has successfully decrypted the issue, handbrake will have no issue turning it into an MP4 or MKV. Handbrake let's you choose your own framerate.

NTSC vs PAL only comes into play as variable, if after decrypting (and thus automatically removing the DVD region) you immediately burn that rip (whether it's the folder structure rip or iso) back to disc without any processing.

For the record: you should NOT be using anydvd to rip DVDs to iso, anydvd will give you a warning message if you do. Use the folder ripper for DVDs. If you want a DVD ISO, use Connected
CloneDVD2's image function.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

PAL will only be a problem in the US if your TV does not support playback of PAL. If you only ever plan to watch the extracted DVD on your PC, then it won't matter. Some DVD players might detect the PAL on your disc and if there's a region code on it, it might be "smart" enough to prevent playback. I believe the Playstation 3 did that. However, if you're writing the extracted files to a recordable DVD, there are no region codes involved.

PAL will only be a problem in the US if your TV does not support playback of PAL
You see, thats the case in about 95% of the players, and it starts with the DVD/BD player. If that one doesn't support PAL, it ends there as there won't be any signal to send to the TV to check if it supports pal. You can't link PAL and the region code though, they're not the same thing. If the player detects PAL, even if region free it is enough in that case in some US models to reject playback due to PAL not being supported

Back