• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Region 1 dvd´s are pixelated on region 2 device

Jeppsson

I just bought AnyDVD

I´m in Denmark which is Region 2 so I also want to play region 1 dvd´s. And have in the past using AnyDvd.

But now the Region 1 dvd menu is heavily pixelated and im unable to play the disc. This seems perhaps to apply only to older region 1 dvd´s since my brand new region 1 dvd of Westworld plays without a problem. Weird. (log file for Westworld also below)

All discs are original. Using Windows Media player.

Thanks in advance.

Jeppsson

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.6.1_Info_E_CONDOR.ziplog
    90.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Udklip.PNG
    Udklip.PNG
    158.6 KB · Views: 12
  • AnyDVD_8.1.6.1_Info_E_Westworld_S01D1.ziplog
    151 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Try PowerDVD and report back. Media player was never really any good at anything, ever in any version.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Try PowerDVD and report back. Media player was never really any good at anything, ever in any version.

Thank you for quick response :)

Installed PowerDVD and region 2 plays very fine (great player thank you), but region 1 crashes PowerDVD. It just goes black and wont respond (see pic and log files below)

Attacted picture of dvd in Windows Media player. Still pixelated. Have also tried uninstalled and reinstalled the dvd device itself.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.6.1_Info_E_MEN_IN_BLACK.ziplog
    167.1 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_8.1.6.1_Info_F_KILL_THE_MESSENGER.ziplog
    101.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Udklip.PNG
    Udklip.PNG
    14.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Udklip.PNG
    Udklip.PNG
    23.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
@James similar or identical to that other topics about pixelation issues when trying a 'different-than-drive-region disc'?

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

I just bought AnyDVD

I´m in Denmark which is Region 2 so I also want to play region 1 dvd´s. And have in the past using AnyDvd.

But now the Region 1 dvd menu is heavily pixelated and im unable to play the disc. This seems perhaps to apply only to older region 1 dvd´s since my brand new region 1 dvd of Westworld plays without a problem. Weird. (log file for Westworld also below)

Thanks in advance.

Jeppsson
Thank you for your bug report: The problem is, that when asking for the title set keys, the drive responds with

18.55s: report titlekey failed, sense 5:6f:1 // **** COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT

Unfortunately AnyDVD believes this, and thinks there is no CSS protection present. No decryption is performed = scrambled video.

This is puzzling, as the Optiarc drives are usually "well behaving". I don't think I have an OPTIARC DVD RW AD-7280S, but maybe I have another behaving similar. Anyway, I'll think of a workaround.

I just bought AnyDVD

Thanks in advance.

Jeppsson
Can you please try this version?
http://sandbox.redfox.bz/SetupAnyDVD8163.exe

For this to work, you must delete your CSS key archive:
AnyDVD settings -> Video DVD -> CSS keys -> CSS keys -> Hit DEL

Please let me know, if this fixes the problem. Thank you!

Can you please try this version?
http://sandbox.redfox.bz/SetupAnyDVD8163.exe

For this to work, you must delete your CSS key archive:
AnyDVD settings -> Video DVD -> CSS keys -> CSS keys -> Hit DEL

Please let me know, if this fixes the problem. Thank you!

@James I tried an US DVD and I got this Warning about the region code (Drive R2 / Disc R1) too.
Edit: I think this is also new "Found & removed 5 potential bad sector protections!"
I'm sure this Disc worked before without warning. (Copying with CloneDVD2 seems to work) CSS Archive was emty ...

Logfile attached - hope it helps

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.6.3_Info_D_SP_IAGW_D1.ziplog
    118.7 KB · Views: 4
@James I tried an US DVD and I got this Warning about the region code (Drive R2 / Disc R1) too.
Edit: I think this is also new "Found & removed 5 potential bad sector protections!"
I'm sure this Disc worked before without warning. (Copying with CloneDVD2 seems to work) CSS Archive was emty ...

Logfile attached - hope it helps
Unfortunately you are not the OP, who decided not to respond. You don't have an Optiarc drive and your drive offers more sane responses:
Code:
26.58s: report titlekey failed, sense 5:6f:4      // **** MEDIA REGION CODE IS MISMATCHED TO LOGICAL UNIT REGION
26.72s: report titlekey failed, sense 5:6f:2      // **** COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE -KEY NOT ESTABLISHED
Logfile creation always forces the AI scanner on. You will not see "Found & removed structural copy protection!" during normal operation. Or do you?
Brute force attack failed for VTS 4, which appears to be very short. Can happen. All in all, I would say "all is well".

Unfortunately you are not the OP, who decided not to respond. You don't have an Optiarc drive and your drive offers more sane responses:
Code:
26.58s: report titlekey failed, sense 5:6f:4      // **** MEDIA REGION CODE IS MISMATCHED TO LOGICAL UNIT REGION
26.72s: report titlekey failed, sense 5:6f:2      // **** COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE -KEY NOT ESTABLISHED
Logfile creation always forces the AI scanner on. You will not see "Found & removed structural copy protection!" during normal operation. Or do you?
Brute force attack failed for VTS 4, which appears to be very short. Can happen. All in all, I would say "all is well".

I see. You're right about the AI scanner.
I can test the disc with Optiac DVD-Drives next Week (One with Autoresetting- and one with Regionfree-firmware) - with AnyDVD 8.1.6.X or 7.6.9.X
Just let me know what might help.

Have a hand full of US-DVDs - are any more logs needed ?

I see. You're right about the AI scanner.
I can test the disc with Optiac DVD-Drives next Week (One with Autoresetting- and one with Regionfree-firmware) - with AnyDVD 8.1.6.X or 7.6.9.X
Just let me know what might help.
If you have an Optiarc drive which fails with AnyDVD versions below 8.1.6.3 & region code mismatch, this would be interesting.

If you have an Optiarc drive which fails with AnyDVD versions below 8.1.6.3 & region code mismatch, this would be interesting.

Will try tomorrow.

Edit the region free drive worked flawless with AnyDVD 7
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is one more log with the drive region changed, the key guessing seems to be right with region code mismatch despite of the warning :)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.6.5_Info_F_SP_IAGW_D1.ziplog
    107.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back