• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

RedFox & AnyDVD HD

I've tried handbrake in the past but had some problems. The Eagles disc has the concert split in to two files and the best I've managed in the past is to get generate an mkv file but then the audio goes wildly out of sync by the time you reach what is the second half. Might have another look there, it's been a while since I've tried to do much with these discs but it would be worth backing them up in case the drive ever dies. I suspect finding another one now would take some doing.

you're comparing apples to oranges. DVD = SD quality, HD-DVD & Blu-ray = HD quality. Different target group. DVD didn't have such a war as it was a universal target medium.

Blu-ray won, well cause HD-DVD had pretty much no protection mechanism in the standard. Studio's don't like that ^^

you're comparing apples to oranges. DVD = SD quality, HD-DVD & Blu-ray = HD quality. Different target group. DVD didn't have such a war as it was a universal target medium.

Blu-ray won, well cause HD-DVD had pretty much no protection mechanism in the standard. Studio's don't like that ^^

Sure you're right. I don't want to compare the quality standards of DVD, BD or streaming. I only want to discuss the spread in my nearer area. It's clear, if you want the best qualitiy the BD's are a "must have" solution. When you're only collecting film or series, maybe a lower standard is also possible. They have the streaming solution. A nas server with WLAN mostly doesn't support high streaming rates.

ClownBD used in conjunction with AnyDVD HD can be used to convert HD-DVD to .TS, .M2TS, or Blu-ray structure. Now, that being said, there's the issue of Dolby Digital Plus which is not part of the Blu-ray specs AFAIK. Some Blu-ray players have no issue with playback of the output. Some do. Regardless, people will need to do some homework and experimentation.
By Jove it only went and made a nice clean copy. At last. Both segments joined together with no sync issues.
I'll have to got through the other HD-DVD's I own at some point and get them done too.

Back