• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Recommended External DVD Burners

cdhart_33

What are some good external dvd burners to use with ANY DVD and Clone DVD?
I have read over other forums and have not found a clear answer.

Also, I have one more question. I was reading a review on a popular computer store website and it said that a certain DVD burner was not compatible with DVD cloner, is this true?
Thanks for your help
cdhart33:D

Any optical drive "should" work with any DVD software. I prefer to use an internal drive in an external enclosure. The initial cost is about equal but if/when the drive dies you only have to replace it and not the entire unit.

Where can you purchase these enclosures, and are they a universal fit? I would like to use the Plextor PX-760a, this would be a great set up I believe. Thanks for such a quick reply. My old burner croaked and its aggravating being without one, but I want to make sure that I purchase a good burner.

Last edited:
Newegg has a large selection. There site seems to be having some problems right now so I can't post a link. You'll need a 5 1/4" external enclosure.

If a software doesn't work with hardware it is most generally the software that needs to be "fixed".
As I said, I prefer the aluminum enclosures w/fan. I have used a couple of THESE for customers and no complaints.

Back