• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Reclock Unable to find frame rate (Solid Red Icon)

Novaeangliae

I'm using a build of MPC-HC that includes SVP, madVR and Reclock, I've been having constant issues trying to get Reclock to work with no avail.

The few issues I keep seeing:
1) Takes 15-20 seconds to open a video when I use Reclock as the "Default audio renderer"
2) Sometimes Reclock shows up as yellow for the icon in taskbar, but many videos show up with Reclock as red.

I've tried multiple things including setting defaults in the Reclock config window and resetting the database stuff, but neither seem to work.
I've also tried uninstalling multiple times, after a few unsuccessful tries (see screenshot regarding uninstall) it finally let me uninstall correctly (did not run into an error with tmp file).
I've run into multiple errors where messing with Reclock as the default audio renderer causes MPC-HC to crash.

My system: Windows 8.1, i7 4770k, Asus 770 2GB (Drivers: 334.89), 16 GB ram.

Googling for my issue has not given me many similarities, as it seems like most people should see the icon flashing between yellow and green before it finally sticks to a solid green, I do not get that behavior from Reclock at all.

Thanks!

Attachments

• reclock running red.jpg
    reclock running red.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 8
  • reclock error.png
    reclock error.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 9
  • reclock uninstall.jpg
    reclock uninstall.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 7
What's that SVP thing? Is that it: http://www.svp-team.com/ ? (Edit: just my opinion, but these developers are crooks. Using Peter Jackson and James Cameron defense of native 48p shooting to justify using frame interpolation on playback is dishonest. Boycott frame interpolation!)

Does it work if you don't use it?

ReClock says "no video stream found" even though it sees a video renderer active, so there's a problem somewhere, and SVP might be the culprit. But it also can't detect your graphics card's refresh rate. Weird.

If you go in the Video settings tab, and under Hardware Interface you force it to Direct3D instead of Automatic, what happens?

Last edited:
I tried running without SVP and the behavior stayed the same, it took several seconds to open my video using Reclock and when it did, the icon showed up as red with no video stream found.

Interestingly enough, using forcing the hardware Interface to be Direct3D per your instructions helped it detect the video stream. I wonder if this means I should look into my graphics card for the solution? I pulled up the info for it, I was thinking of updating my drivers but wanted to wait on that in case it made things worse.

Attachments

• forced direct3d.jpg
    forced direct3d.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 8
  • nvidia.jpg
    nvidia.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 6
Update to the situation:

I was messing around and eventually got around to messing with the Nvidia control panel a bit more, to which I realized I had a custom resolution with 120 hz set as the refresh rate, I switched it back to its native resolution (60 hz), to which reclock ran fine (found the video stream), I tried to get it to recognize the custom resolution but haven't had much progress, does anyone have any ideas on this? I would prefer to run Reclock on 120 hz if possible.

I've attached the custom resolution settings that I am using for 120 hz, while to the right is the reclock properties shwoing the video stream at 60 hz.

Attachments

• custom reclock.jpg
    custom reclock.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 6
Back