• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Reclock Setup

Well you could say...
You see, the most difficult part of english for us portuguese, and I will presume also for spanish, french, italian (all latin derived languages), is that some of the words are used in the reverse order, when compared to our languages. So, when we write big sentences, it could become a mess.:)

For example:
In english you say "A beautiful woman lives in the red house."
Using english words but writing as we portuguese do, it would be something like: "A woman beautiful lives in the house red." (in portuguese it would be: "Uma mulher bonita vive na casa vermelha.")

It would be a lot easier if we had some switches to change from a language to another...;)

Holy shit.

Well very well your doing. Good is your english really. lol

;)

Talk about difficult: I'm french-speaking belgian, and in dutch (which is the first language in our country) they actually reverse words and verbs!
So to me it's like: "A woman beautiful in the house red lives"
I find English sooo easy compared to flemish... :D

in dutch [..] it's like: "A woman beautiful in the house red lives"
Godverdomme! :eek:

when I was living in holland, they wanted me to learn their "language"...hah, I told 'em I didn't see the point as hardly anyone speaks it in the world anyway...I'd rather learn mandarin tbh.

Godverdomme! :eek:

when I was living in holland, they wanted me to learn their "language"...hah, I told 'em I didn't see the point as hardly anyone speaks it in the world anyway...I'd rather learn mandarin tbh.

Hmm! Let's be clear, in belgium we speak flemish, not dutch. It's close but it's not the same. Then again most belgians speak at least 2 languages fluently (i speak 4 languages fluently.. flemish, french, english, german) so who cares. :D

Hmm! Let's be clear, in belgium we speak flemish, not dutch. It's close but it's not the same. Then again most belgians speak at least 2 languages fluently (i speak 4 languages fluently.. flemish, french, english, german) so who cares. :D
ah german, this language hurts my ears so badly(no offense, not my fault! I know some portuguese ppl cannot stand spanish for instance)

I only see the point of learning languages to be able to be understood anywhere in the world...and the most spoken languages in the world are: http://www.krysstal.com/spoken.html

you speak the top 3 and you can be understood anywhere in the world pretty much, french is my native tongue so it covers Africa too :p

but I'm really fascinated by languages...I very much like danish movies from the guy who did PUSHER(such an amazing movie), and danish has a lot of english to it.

apparently english and german are based on the same original viking language...just like dutch seems to be a mix of hebrew(the throat "GGGGG" sound) and german(bloemen, etc etc)

Japanese and Russian sound really great too...I'm amazed by how fast the russians can speak!

there was some studies that seemed to show that the more complicated the language, the more the ppl are forced to have a high IQ...Japanese is just *crazy* when it comes to writing it, they said it forced ppl to use both sides of their brain simultaneously to a much bigger extend than most other languages.

I know a chinese girl that had to do a 10 years school study to speak perfect english....mandarin is a far cry from english, and forcing her brain to think in both languages seemed to be quite a pain...most Japaneses also seem to fail at speaking other languages fluently.

Last edited:
talking about Japanese: http://www.thevintageknob.org/SONY/sonywhoswho/sonywhoswho.html
sww-nobutosiKihara.jpg
Nobutosi KIHARA
Chief of Sony Kihara laboratory
Born 1926 in Tokyo ; joined Sony as mechanist after graduation from Wasada University.
Mr Kihara is able to hear up to 30kHz !

30kHz!!!!! man, what kind of brain is this...do want x_X

it was hard to bs the boss on audio equipment at that time I guess :D

Last edited:
Well in my case, my dad is french and mother flemish, so i was brought up with 2 languages right away. Easy times in school :p . English is rather easy and german isn't that hard if you already know flemish, since they're both germanic languages. In any case the more languages you know, the more appealing you are when you are job-hunting. Definately in Brussels. :)

Mandarin would be interesting, but it's more of a 'future' world language. I don't think our generation will be confronted with it too much. Personally, if i really had to pick one more language to learn it'd be japanese, mainly because i learned to appreciate their country through their awesome movies.

Thing is, if you want to watch 'decent' movies lately, you're bound to watch a lot of non-english spoken ones. And since i like to switch between genre/country when watching movies, i do come across a lot of languages. It keeps thing fresh and interesting.

apparently german is very complicated because each word changes depending on the context...like latin.

even the germans seem to find it complicated...do you think french is complicated? writing it properly is definitely not easy...english is so darn easy in comparison hah, lazy man language :D

yes, I'm willing to watch any sort of foreign movies...except for german :eek:

I'd love to find some good russian movies, but it's either patriotic brainwashing or very poor movies that are meaningless w/ poor acting.

spanish is easy coming from french, and it's one of the most spoken languages...motivated me to get the hang of it ^^

Japanese is very similar to french pronunciation-wise, but writing it is pretty much impossible...and the Japanese are very protective of their culture, they don't like gaijins mastering their secrets too much apparently..

Last edited:
another funny thing in Japanese is that you never know if you're talking about a man or a woman...they're all "-san", you have to understand it from the context...I can foresee headaches ahead! :D

Well, german can be hard to learn if you don't know how to build the structure in their sentences, but like i said if you already know another germanic language it's a lot easier to get the hang of it. I'd say german is a language you need to maintain to be good at it though..

French isn't hard, i mean not to me, but that's because i was brought up bilingual right off the bat. Most germanic people have a really hard time learning french, so i'm more of an exception there, i think it's because french is a latin language and they have no connection to it. I personally find it funny to read some french write the way they speak. I mean when i visit and participate in french forums (different nick) some tend to type they would speak out loud (banlieue style :p).

Good russian movies, hmm The Return, The Banishment, pretty much all the movies from Andrei Tarkovsky if you're a filmfreak.

I've no interest in spanish or italian, even though i know french it would be rather easy. I just don't like their mentality. Most italians and spanish know 1 language and they're happy with just that. Great europeans. *cough cough*

ok great, I'll look into those movies!

well I really enjoyed "9 rota", killer PQ...killer SQ, I really dig how russian sounds...and their women have the most amazing eyes you could find on earth IMO, I used to work w/ russian ppl who told me that they could easily recognize each other when living abroad thanks to their "eyes".

hehe, in france most ppl can't even speak their mother tongue properly...let alone speaking english w/o putting "zee" in every sentence w/ a very thick "français" accent, so it isn't any better ;)

they don't seem to realize that the accents are different, and french is a very monotone language...english is far more musical.

I think I read on some website that french never exceeded 5kHz when english can go up to 8kHz..

maybe speaking foreign languages simply requires music skills...you just need to catch the music of the language.

Last edited:
another funny thing is that before english, french used to be the international diplomatic language....so there's many french words in many different languages: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lingua_franca
French was the language of diplomacy in Europe from the 17th century until its recent replacement by English (in the early 20th century), and as a result is still a working language of international institutions and is seen on documents ranging from passports to airmail letters.
and about foreign movies, I really hate how the Koreans like to make tear jerkers all the bloody time...I dare you to watch Taegukgi w/o breaking a sweat :D

Last edited:
Well sure french had a big influence on world language for a long time, so that's normal. I tend to use french, english and even german words in my daily lingo if they're more appropriate in their context (i do because i can.. hehe). French people are rather protectionistic about their language though, they don't like it when another language "pollutes" their own, so they find french words for it. For example everyone in the world uses the word "computer", in france however they had to use "ordinateur". :p

On the subject of tearjerkers i have to say that the best ones without a doubt come from asian countries. I'd even say japanese drama>* . On the other hand korean action movies are pretty good (A Bittersweet Life being my all time favorite korean action movie, f*ck Old Boy ;) ). But the last couple of years koreans tend to produce hollywood blockbuster kinda action movies. It's too bad because it was the only country in the world that had more domestic movies at any give time in their cinemas, then foreign ones. Alejandro Jodorowsky (famous filmmaker, bd writer etc.) swears by korean movies, he says he watches one every day.. I bet he must watch a lot of typical crappy tounge-in-the-cheek romcoms then. ;)

speaking french in belgium sounds risky...I saw on TV that in Brussel they will only rent you a house if you sign up for dutch courses, and the ppl working in public institutions are forbidden to speak french whatsoever...lolwut, wth are they afraid of..yes Brussels is on the flemish territory, big deal :rolleyes:

just like when that belgian TV channel made that hoax that belgium would split...they stopped trains and all, so damn funny!! :D

hehe, yeah many foreigners seem to be shocked by the word "ordinateur"...but "ordiner" is an old french verb for "to compute" so there you go: http://www.dicomoche.net/O.htm

and "computer" is also a french verb in old french, that means the exact same thing as "ordiner"...they always crack me up w/ their retarded translations.

they're simply unable to speak any english whatsoever, so they always make up whatever they can come up w/...like DVD=DéVéDé, there you go it's french now! :D

and you know the french and the english have been fighting to keep their territory from the other since the beginning of days..Napoleon nailed it big time.

Last edited:
speaking french in belgium sounds risky...I saw on TV that in Brussel they will only rent you a house if you sign up for dutch courses, and the ppl working in public institutions are forbidden to speak french whatsoever...lolwut, wth are they afraid of..yes Brussels is on the flemish territory, big deal :rolleyes:

just like when that belgian TV channel made that hoax that belgium would split...they stopped trains and all, so damn funny!! :D

Heh, i didn't know those silly things made it into the international press. In general, most flemish in belgium are depicted as being separatists, which obviously is complety bs. The truth is that the only ones that are preoccupied with that crap are usually the politicians.. :doh:

and you know the french and the english have been fighting to keep their territory from the other since the beginning of days..Napoleon nailed it big time.

Yeh it's funny how english people seem to dislike french in general. Never really understood all the fuss. But I'd rather be french than english, given the choice. It's closer to my own 'bon vivant lifestyle', and let's not forget to food difference.. :D

all I can say is that I'd never go live in Belgium...they really seem to despise the french.

at some point I was living in Eindhoven(Noord Brabant), they were very unfriendly towards foreigners...Amsterdam was a far cry from this, basically there's more foreigners than dutch ppl :D

all I can say is that I'd never go live in Belgium...they really seem to despise the french.

at some point I was living in Eindhoven(Noord Brabant), they were very unfriendly towards foreigners...Amsterdam was a far cry from this, basically there's more foreigners than dutch ppl :D

I think you're generalizing too much here. I don't know anyone who despises french people, walloons is probably another story... And Eindhoven is in Holland.. still.. ;)

Back