• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Reclock Setup

Heh, yeh dutch people aren't worried by breaking some taboos in a poster (or other subjects for that matter) now and then. It's a cultural thing. ;)

well, you feel "free" when you're living in Holland...in france you get hung up by the french tax system, they just wanna bleed you dry :bang:

and each time I went to the UK, it always felt like moving back in time to the 18th century or so..haha, make go back to the 21st century...now!

too bad chicks are mostly drugs addicts in Amsterdam, kinda odd...ah well, there's no perfect place in the world, but A'dam is pretty darn close anyhow :p

Last edited:
actually the worldwide hate towards the french did motivate me to master english as well as possible, both orally and in written...I really wanted to hide my french accent to death, and many times I've been asked to show my ID in job interviews to prove that I was actually french hah :D

even on US forums, ebay or whatever, there's just a major hatred towards us...but well, I can understand...we're arrogant, self-sufficient and like to steal other ppl's women :p

yet, LCD is a french technology...if it wasn't for that french guy, there wouldn't be any LCD panel in the world(well it's a crappy technology IMHO but yet, we're not just a bunch of ******** :D)

and ogo was french too coq%2520bleu%2520blc%2520rge.jpg

Reclock likes to throw french errors messages from time to time, as a patriotic reminder :p

Last edited:
I'd love to find some good russian movies, but it's either patriotic brainwashing or very poor movies that are meaningless w/ poor acting.
I suggest "Eyforiya". Not much dialogue, but excellent acting nonetheless and beautiful scenery. "Film contemplatif" as I call that sort of movie. :)
Sadly, only bad video masters of it exist.

spanish is easy coming from french, and it's one of the most spoken languages...motivated me to get the hang of it ^^
That's funny, I can't stand it! I find portuguese much more appealing though.
The languages I find the most beautiful are british english, japanese, italian and german.
Oh and I would probably find french awful if it was not my mother tongue, I'm convinced it is. I know, there's no logic to languages. :D

Japanese is very similar to french pronunciation-wise, but writing it is pretty much impossible...and the Japanese are very protective of their culture, they don't like gaijins mastering their secrets too much apparently..
Which in the end makes it all more appealing! :agree:

all I can say is that I'd never go live in Belgium...they really seem to despise the french.
I think you're misleaded, leeperry, just like what you heard about Brussels (and where it would be true, i.e. in some parts of flanders, it would be only because of walloon people insisting on speaking only french, not french people).
The only thing I don't like with the french is how they drive on our roads and the reckless ways they park their cars in our towns near the frontier, but except that we all like them really! (plus, I find a northern french girl's accent really sexy hehe)
The common belgian/french jokes are just that you know: jokes. I understand why "half the world" may be upset with you though, but we can see through that. ;)

I love brazilian portuguese, it sounds so awesome in music :)

Bebel Gilberto has such an amazing voice(60" sample: http://www.mediafire.com/?jmjymxutynq)...I recently put my hands on a 8CD boxset of brazilian music from the 60's to today, these ppl surely know what music is all about...having such a singing language in the first place is a great asset.

ahhhh I only watch HD movies these days....I wish they were more amazing russian movies like "9 rota", really enjoyed that one!

well, brainwashing or not, I saw that some ppl were forced to get dutch courses to rent an apartment in Brussels..it was even in the damn rental contract!

and some public servants that were not allowed to speak french to french speaking ppl that were coming to get advice...they could get blamed, and 3 blames = you're out! it was on the french national TV at 8PM.

ah well, Belgium is to France what Canada is to the US...I think South Park nailed it pretty badly in the past seasons :D

Last edited:
well, brainwashing or not, I saw that some ppl were forced to get dutch courses to rent an apartment in Brussels..it was even in the damn rental contract!

and some public servants that were not allowed to speak french to french speaking ppl that were coming to get advice...they could get blamed, and 3 blames = you're out! it was on the french national TV at 8PM.
Well, note I didn't say brainwashing, just misleading. The things you're talking about do exist, but not in Brussels. It mainly happens (but it isn't like that everywhere) in the region around Brussels, that is part of Flanders. That's a vast and complex subject, impossible to summarize on a forum. Here is some reading if you're interested (from there to the end of the article. You can also check the linked article about BHV): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Belgium#Linguistic_challenge

Brussels itself is really a very open and cosmopolitan region-city.

ouhhhhh "In the 19th and early 20th century, Flemings did not enjoy the same rights as French-speakers"

I guess I can fully understand why they got it so bad nowadays..."slavery gets sh*t done", but still :D indiana%20jones.gif

The above discussion reminds about that super cool *TV mini series about French Revolution, staring Klaus Maria Brandauer as Georges Danton. In one scene when the french revolutionaries occupied Belgium, one french general was openly stealing some jewelry from a gov. palace, Danton came over told the general to get lost and reordered the golden/silver stuff into his personal carriage..

Btw. Brandauer is one of the best actors of the century, check out his artsy flics from 1980s like Mefisto, Redl, Hanussen, ..

-
* it was made for the 200 anniversary so the production was magnificant above holly/bolly-wood movie standards!

you could say...

"but I prefer to try to help someone and make some mistakes in my writing, than to not write anything and not help anyone."
or
" but I prefer to try helping and make some mistakes in my writing, than to not write anything and then do not help anyone."
or
" but I prefer to make some mistakes in my writing, than to not help anyone."
Here's one i like.
I'd rather make a mistake in my writing, if it helps someone.
ok, yesterday I was watching a US movie and the woman said "I heard gunshots, but I didn't hear where they came from"....broken english, innit :confused:

she should have said "I heard gunshots, but I didn't hear where they were coming from"?

but well, ppl in the US like to say "if I was"...which would make you sound like a 5yo kid in France.

and what is the right one here ?

"I love to watch movies of which dialogs had been written by Michel Audiard"

I love to watch movies of which dialogs were written by Michel Audiard"

the first one I think??? ah well, I need to brush up my verbs tense matching skills ^^

Watch Inglourous Basterds and they do not say anything broken. Ever.

'Don't mind me going out speaking the kings?'
:D

Watch Inglourous Basterds and they do not say anything broken. Ever.

'Don't mind me going out speaking the kings?'
well yeah, like Bruce Willis said in whatever movie "I only speak 2 languages: good and bad english"

anyway, am I right above? or wrong on the 2 sentences?

Well if I had to choose one, then the first does read better.

But Its different when spoken.

'Say good bye to your Nazi balls' Inglourous Basterds.

hehe, Brad Pitt is such a pathetic actor...he completely ripped off Dennis Hopper's part from Apocalypse Now to play 12 Monkeys..it's so obvious, yet he never mentions it in the making-of report :rolleyes:

and in "inglorious basterds", he did such a poor performance at impersonating that 50's snobbish american accent...he's just a strongly overpaid actor in my eyes.

Last edited:
ok, yesterday I was watching a US movie and the woman said "I heard gunshots, but I didn't hear where they came from"....broken english, innit :confused:

she should have said "I heard gunshots, but I didn't hear where they were coming from"?

but well, ppl in the US like to say "if I was"...which would make you sound like a 5yo kid in France.

and what is the right one here ?

"I love to watch movies of which dialogs had been written by Michel Audiard"

I love to watch movies of which dialogs were written by Michel Audiard"

the first one I think??? ah well, I need to brush up my verbs tense matching skills ^^
I think that's just American English (the gunshots sentence).

I find the "of which" in your other example a bit weird, don't know why.
Can you say "whose" when talking about something else than a person (i.e. a movie)?

You're a bit harsh on Brad Pitt: he was still young in 12 Monkeys, and surely most actors still inspire from other performances at that stage, and Inglourious Basterds really isn't about realism or historical accuracy, and everything is exaggerated, so it might just be that they wanted it just that way... "Arwwivhederwwci !" :D

I personally feel its good there are many ways to say the same thing. Sure some are " " proper and some are not. But if everyone spoke perfect English it would be such a boring place.

Can anyone imagine John Maclane saying anything other than "Yippee ki yaa mothaf*****". Please someone tell me how that translates into proper English in a short phrase without loosing its meaning?

You're a bit harsh on Brad Pitt: he was still young in 12 Monkeys, and surely most actors still inspire from other performances at that stage
agreed! but in the making of on the DVD, he was like "oh I spent so much time working on my stuttering, rehearsing w/ doctors and all"...when his perfomance was just a blatant Dennis Hopper rip off.
I personally feel its good there are many ways to say the same thing. Sure some are " " proper and some are not. But if everyone spoke perfect English it would be such a boring place.
oh yes, it'd be terrible if ppl in the US started saying "if I were"...broken english is teh coolest.

Last edited:
Brad Pitt is a good actor. Given a roll he can do well at. Like Fight Club.

Yeah I liked him in that. He probably won't be remembered to well with Inglourious Basterds. Even though I thought the movie rocked over all.

Just watched Back to the Future Part 2. It amazes me how well Marty and the Doc get on. Just glorious to watch.

A new season of Lost has started, that'll keep me ticking over:D.

hehe, Brad Pitt is such a pathetic actor...he completely ripped off Dennis Hopper's part from Apocalypse Now to play 12 Monkeys..it's so obvious, yet he never mentions it in the making-of report :rolleyes:

and in "inglorious basterds", he did such a poor performance at impersonating that 50's snobbish american accent...he's just a strongly overpaid actor in my eyes.

I think it was a roundtable around the time of Oscars filmed for their official youtube channel or what have you. When Mickey Rourke talked, the room went drop dead silent, everybody being just flabbergasted by his physical presence, talent, life-experience, personality, the legend. When Pitt opened his mouth it was like instant switch, sort of we are back to kinder garden, fluff, stuff..

Back