• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock related crashes/freezes in MPC-HC

Feldham

I experience randomly video freezes and mediaplayer classic HC crashes when I skip in videos.
It happens while skipping using cursor keys or by clicking the progress bar.

This is a very old problem for me (and others) but with new releases of MPC-HC it got much more frequent and therefore much better to test out.

Currently, it seems that these crashes are happening only when ReClock is in use or at least that the use of ReClock.
At least I cannot reproduce it without ReClock.

The MPC guy(s) see that the crash is within in the EVR and ReClock "might be doing something weird", there is ticket about that where the topic is discussed, where this came up half way in.
https://trac.mpc-hc.org/ticket/3847

Any Ideas anyone?
Is there a way to debug ReClock?

How about others that use ReClock with mpc-hc?

I've never had that happen.

First, provide a log file of a MPC-HC run where you encounter this crash, and then maybe James would look into it if he has the time (or someone else who know ReClock very well).

Iin ReClock config: Advanced Settings, General, Enable logging. A file called reclock_log.txt will then be created in your Documents folder.

Next try to reply. I did post a log about a week ago, but this never happened to be published to the thread.

Do not know why.

This is the log of a crash as explained before. Video freezes and audio is continuing for several seconds.

Attachments

• reclock_log.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 2
Next try to reply. I did post a log about a week ago, but this never happened to be published to the thread.

Do not know why.

This is the log of a crash as explained before. Video freezes and audio is continuing for several seconds.

Code:
    0.00s 001f64         FileName: ReClockDS, replacesDefaultRenderer: 1
    0.00s 001f64         App Path: D:\MPC-Homecinema32\mpc-hc.exe
    0.00s 001f64         Old Renderer: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\quartz.dll
Please set MPC to use reclock as the renderer instead of the default renderer.

Please set MPC to use reclock as the renderer instead of the default renderer.

Thank you for replying.

I usually have reclock set in mpc directly, this was for testing only.
The behavior is the same.

Please see attached log with changed settings.

Note: I used a 1080p60 file for testing during creation of the log, but it happens with other frame rates just as well.

Attachments

• reclock_log.zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 1
Thank you for replying.

I usually have reclock set in mpc directly, this was for testing only.
The behavior is the same.

Please see attached log with changed settings.

Note: I used a 1080p60 file for testing during creation of the log, but it happens with other frame rates just as well.

Does the problem persist, if you use DSound as output instead of Wasapi?

Does the problem persist, if you use DSound as output instead of Wasapi?

Yes, it does.
(and I really like/need the "set matching speaker configuration" option of reclock)

Attachments

• reclock_log3.zip
    12.8 KB · Views: 1
Yes, it does.
(and I really like/need the "set matching speaker configuration" option of reclock)

What audio format are you trying to play? This isn't multi channel PCM?

Code:
    4.45s 001e9c         Output format:
    4.45s 001e9c         Format: FormatTag=0xfffe nBlockAlign=8 nSamplesPerSec=48000 wBitsPerSample=32 nChannels=2 cbSize=22
    4.45s 001e9c         nAvgBytesPerSec=384000, ChannelMask=0x3, ValidBitsPerSample=24
    4.45s 001e9c         SubFormat: {00000001-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}

Does the same problem happen if you feed PCM to reclock?

What audio format are you trying to play? This isn't multi channel PCM?
Does the same problem happen if you feed PCM to reclock?

It is setup for multi-channel PCM.
The problem is really not specific to any video or audio format, it happens with all the usual stuff.

The video used while creating the log is playing stereo track which seems to be mp3-encoded. Lav audio decoder says "codec: mp3float"

Back