• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Reclock or Digital Natural Motion

BDMinus

I've been reading about a feature in Windvd called digital natural motion. the feature page says this:

"Keep fast-moving objects sharp and crisp using the latest motion compensation technology. The software detects the original frame rate (24, 25 or 30 frames per second) and intelligently fills in frames on the fly to create judder-free playback at all frame rates"

My display only takes 60hz so I don't think I could use reclock. Has anyone see this in action? Which is better, reclock or this?

Reclock is better, but if you are stuck at 60Hz you could give this a try. There's people that tend to like that solution. I am not one of them, as it "creates" stuff that is not in the original filming.

If you have ffdshow and avisynth installed you could try this script

Code:
ConvertToYUY2()
c=last
c=c.assumeFPS(Round(c.Framerate),true)
c.ConvertFps(Framerate*2,zone=Height/2)
c.ConvertFps(60) # // or what ever is your refresh rate

Just past it into the avisynth portion of ffdshow and enable. Click Here for the original thread from Doom9 on emulating Digital Natural Motion in avisynth.

If you have ffdshow and avisynth installed you could try this script

Code:
ConvertToYUY2()
c=last
c=c.assumeFPS(Round(c.Framerate),true)
c.ConvertFps(Framerate*2,zone=Height/2)
c.ConvertFps(60) # // or what ever is your refresh rate

Just past it into the avisynth portion of ffdshow and enable. Click Here for the original thread from Doom9 on emulating Digital Natural Motion in avisynth.

Thanks for the link, i haven't experimented with avisynth or ffdshow or really anything involving directshow "art" vs "science". i'll add it to my research list.

Back