• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock isn't loaded in PowerDVD8

H.Mulot

To test PowerDVD8 I downloaded version 8.0.4613.0, but ReClock isn't loaded when starting PowerDVD.
With the previous version I use (PowerDVD7.4102.0) ReClock is loaded.

Does anybody know why this happens? Or is it just because I use the Testversion?

I'm looking forward to your answers.

Playing DVDs or Blu-ray?

For DVDs you need to "Force Reclcok to load in PowerDVD"

For Blu-ray you should have a pop-up when you used PDVD8 for the first time asking if you want Reclcok to load. Maybe you missed it?

Go to the advanced tab and see if PowerDVD8 is in the drop down list of applications and set to "always load". Of course you will also need to set Reclock to replace "default renderers", but if it works in PDVD7 that should be set already.

The trial version unfortunately only plays DVDs. But the settings in ReClock of course are the same for PDVD7 and 8.
Although in the drop down list PDVD8 wasn't included it made no difference when I manually added it and set it to "always load".

Couldn't it be, because it's just a trial version?

The trial version unfortunately only plays DVDs. But the settings in ReClock of course are the same for PDVD7 and 8.
Although in the drop down list PDVD8 wasn't included it made no difference when I manually added it and set it to "always load".

Couldn't it be, because it's just a trial version?

ReClock must be installed *after* PowerDVD for the magic to work. Just re-install ReClock.

I did not know that James! Does that apply after an upgrade to PowerDVD too (we need to re-install Reclock), or only if PowerDVD is installed for the first time after reclcok is installed?

ReClock must be installed *after* PowerDVD for the magic to work. Just re-install ReClock.

Great! That's solution. It works! Thanks so much!

Now I just have to figure out why no hardwareacceleration is possible for HD-DVDs/Blurays for PDVD7 but for DVDs.
Could this be because the graphic card (ATI 1600/1650) is to "weak"?

Thanks. But Cyberlink mentioned this card as a minimum.
Sorry, but I'm a beginner with this: In other words: would this mean that with another graphic card the hw-acceleration could be enabled?
What graphics card could you recommend?

Last edited:
I did not know that James! Does that apply after an upgrade to PowerDVD too (we need to re-install Reclock), or only if PowerDVD is installed for the first time after reclcok is installed?
James, any chance you could clarify this for us?

Sorry, but I'm a beginner with this: In other words: would this mean that with another graphic card the hw-acceleration could be enabled?
Yes.

What graphics card could you recommend?
ATI minimum card would be a 2600. If you want to use HDMI for sound, get a 4xxx card.

If ReClock has to work with PowerDVD DVD playback (which btw didn't work with Ogo's version), it must be reinstalled after every PowerDVD update, because the PowerDVD installer will overwrite the changes made by the ReClock installer.
BD & HD DVD playback isn't affected.

If ReClock has to work with PowerDVD DVD playback (which btw didn't work with Ogo's version), it must be reinstalled after every PowerDVD update, because the PowerDVD installer will overwrite the changes made by the ReClock installer.
BD & HD DVD playback isn't affected.
Thanks. BTW, what was wrong with the Ogo version, loading for DVD playback seemed to work here.

Thanks. BTW, what was wrong with the Ogo version, loading for DVD playback seemed to work here.
No, it doesn't work. At least not for PowerDVD versions 6, 7 and 8.

Thanks for the reply. Now I know what the difference between the 2xxx and the 4xxx cards is.
Yetserday I inastalled PowerDVD8 on my HTPC and suddenly the HW-acc. worked with the ATI 1600/1650 card. But not with all movies. Watching "Iron Man" the HW-acc. still is disabled.

Thanks for the reply. Now I know what the difference between the 2xxx and the 4xxx cards is.
Yetserday I inastalled PowerDVD8 on my HTPC and suddenly the HW-acc. worked with the ATI 1600/1650 card. But not with all movies. Watching "Iron Man" the HW-acc. still is disabled.

This depends on the video codec used.

Aha.
Does this mean another newer better graphic card would have the same problem and wouldn't allow hw-acc. for this title?

Back