• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Reclock and Windows 7 MCE

RussKingUK

Has anybody managed to get Reclock to work correctly with Windows 7 ( 7068 ) MCE? I had Reclock working perfectly in Vista MCE but I suspect Windows 7 MCE may have changed slightly the way things work. If I remember correctly, Reclock in Vista would ignor anything coming from the ehShell process (which was live tv) and all other media types would play. Windows 7 now appears to be using ehShell for all media types and not just for live tv. Has anybody managed to get this working in Windows 7 MCE?

I appreciate that this may not be an officially suported scenario but neither was using Reclock in Vista MCE and that still worked perfectly for some of us.

I hate to answer youre question with a question but how did you get reclock to work correctly in Vista Media Center?

At the time I was using 1.8.3.3 and simply allowed Reclock to set itself as the default renderer. It would not load while live tv was playing but would load when a video (avi, mkv etc) was chosen. I enabled the use of the events vbscript file and had Powerstip apply custom timings based on the video framerate.

Worked wonders in Vista MCE but nobody seems able to tell me whether MCE has changed in Windows 7 in such a way that Reclock will no longer work?

Tried that and it didn't work

I've tried allowing Reclock to set itself as the default renderer. It appeared to be working, reclock would be used for everything except live tv and the indicator color would go green, but the video would still be jumpy (as if it reclock wasn't working).
When i play the same file through MPC-HC with reclock green the video is smooth.
Any ideas?

I remember having the same experience. From memory, I think I turned most things off as I simply just wanted to use reclock as a means of detecting what refresh rate I should be running. I just wish I could find a way of doing this in Windows 7. I may even roll back to Vista as it is a real pain not having this auto refresh change functionality anymore.

i have exactly the same problem using Windows 7 RC1.

a possible solution would be to implement a pattern matching in the advanced settings in the app loading restrictions.

if i play for example the video troja.mkv, the Media Infos section of the reclock windows shows:
E:\Videos_HD\Troja.mkv (in ehshell)

if i play livetv, reclock displays:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome\SharedSBE\{528BB871-E54B-46DA-9F1F-B4F59C9958EF}.TmpSBE (in ehshell)

so, if a pattern matching dialog enables to only load reclock if ehshell plays *.mkv, everything should be fine.

@slysoft
is this possible to implement in the next version ?

Vista MCE just reuse filter graph even if media is changed.
I think that Seven do the same, so it's inpossible just use any pattern matching.

Vista MCE just reuse filter graph even if media is changed.
I think that Seven do the same, so it's inpossible just use any pattern matching.

Hey I've just found this out in Win7!

I play a DVD via MC using the native player all is well, reclock loads etc.

Press stop/back and go into a mkv and I get no sound!

When I look at the properties in reclock it says its still playing the DVD!

Does anyone have any pointers on how to get the filter to reset? :bang:

Theres no problem if reclock does not load. And when I restart MC it all goes back to normal (until I play a DVD again ...)

(Using Win7 RTM x86)

Thanks

Dom

Hey I've just found this out in Win7!

I play a DVD via MC using the native player all is well, reclock loads etc.

Press stop/back and go into a mkv and I get no sound!

When I look at the properties in reclock it says its still playing the DVD!

Does anyone have any pointers on how to get the filter to reset? :bang:

Theres no problem if reclock does not load. And when I restart MC it all goes back to normal (until I play a DVD again ...)

(Using Win7 RTM x86)

Thanks

Dom

On further testing it works going from mkv to DVD. MC just says theres a problem playing the file, when I press play again it starts playing (I guess it kills the graph the first time)

There are no issues playing a DVD or mkv outside of MC in windows media player.

Does anyone have any idea as it does point to a reclock issue within MC.

I think reclock knows when another stream starts playing as it says its not the primary stream so it'll be good if it killed itself when another file starts?

No idea really!

Dom

I'll repeat it once in a while... ReClock *will not* work correctly with Vista MC and Windows 7 MC. That's the way it is.

I'll repeat it once in a while... ReClock *will not* work correctly with Vista MC and Windows 7 MC. That's the way it is.

Fair enough, but is this because it never will?

Or will Reclock work with 7MCE in the future?

:bowdown:

7MCE + MediaBrowser + MPC + Reclock = :)

I use 7MCE with MediaBrowser to playback my HD .mkv files.

Sadly, Reclock does not play nice with the 7MCE DirectShow player, so....

By configuring MediaBrowser to use MPC as the player for all video files and using the instructions in the post below to configure my MCE remote, I am now able to utilise Reclock.

This is perfect!

NB - Use 'BROWSER_BACK' command to use 'Back' button on MCE remote to close/exit MPC to return to MediaBrowser.

:)

http://www.avforums.com/forums/home...-mce-remote-windows-media-player-classic.html

Last edited:
By configuring MediaBrowser to use MPC as the player for all video files and using the instructions in the post below to configure my MCE remote, I am now able to utilise Reclock.

Hello,
could you tell me exactly the lines you added in your configuration-file of mediaBrowser to make MPC work as an external player? I am trying to do the same, also because of Reclock which doesn't work in 7MC. But I never could make an external player work in mediabrowser correctly.
thanks and regards
mariachi76

I'm not doing anything special, just adding

C:\MPC.exe

to the external player field.

My MPC program is in C:\

The only problem I'm having now is getting MPC to take focus when I start a video.

I have to quit MCE or minimise using a mouse. (I don't like having a mouse in the living room though! Got to figure out how to do this with the remote!)

The only problem I'm having now is getting MPC to take focus when I start a video.

Ok, thats exactly as far as I got using MediaBrowser and any other external player (WMP, Zoom Player...). If you find a solution, please let me know here - and I will do the same.
thanks and best regards
mariachi76

Ok, thats exactly as far as I got using MediaBrowser and any other external player (WMP, Zoom Player...). If you find a solution, please let me know here - and I will do the same.
thanks and best regards
mariachi76

You have to edit a file. Bat like this

Code:
TASKKILL /F /IM "ehshell.exe"
"c:\Program Files\MPC\mpc-hc.exe" %1 /fullscreen /play /close
"c:\windows\ehome\ehshell.exe"

I called mpc.bat and I've stored in mpc-hc directory in c:\Program Files\MPC

I configured the Media Browser to the external player is c:\Program Files\MPC\mpc.bat (as only shows you. Exe I have had to be thrown by hand).

Operation is simple, when Media Browser calls the player, the bat kills the Media Center plays the video and then when you close, reload the media center.

A greeting

Hello pacoppes,
thanks a lot for the help, it works fine like that.
I just replaced mpc with windows media player, which works fine for me.
The only problem I encounter now if I have a movie in a folder which consists of two or more files, the external player does not work at all (cant find the file).
Is that a bug in mediabrowser, or is that a problem with the batch file or windows media player?
thanks and best regards
mariachi76

Hello pacoppes,
thanks a lot for the help, it works fine like that.
I just replaced mpc with windows media player, which works fine for me.
The only problem I encounter now if I have a movie in a folder which consists of two or more files, the external player does not work at all (cant find the file).
Is that a bug in mediabrowser, or is that a problem with the batch file or windows media player?
thanks and best regards
mariachi76

It's a limiación the Media Browser. Media Browser does not support multiple fichers in a folder when it was used an external player.

Try it and place as the external player mp-hc.exe. Give the same error.

However if you not use an external player, everything works ok.

Hopefully the team will solve Mediabrowser new versions.

A greeting.

P.D. look: http://www.mediabrowser.tv/forum/vi...9&hilit=external+player+multiple+files#p27579

Last edited:
Back