• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Reclock and Vista WMC

Daninino

Hello Everybody

Having some problems to get Reclock to work with WMC. First of all if I use 1.8.2.0 it ruins my LiveTV :bang: because I have to force it to replace the default filters. Furthermore it does look like it kicks in but the movie aint smooth at all, no different than if I didn't use Reclock.

I read in the long post which talks about 1.8.1.2 is able to handle WMC. So I installed this instead. But still have the same problem. I have to choose force instead of default filters and it is still not smooth when playing a movie. It is however possible to change the framerate and it changes accordingly.

I'm in PAL territory and trying to watch 23,97 material since my screen is running at 50Hz it has to be keyed to 25fps. Reclock detect this and set the framerate to 25 but still it's not smooth. I have no problems in WMP at all it fixes in rather quick. :confused:

Anybody knows what to do about this?

/Daninino

But you don't seem to understand. I want to use it with VMCE since my HTPC is only a HTPC I don't want to grab my mouse and Keyboard everytime I want to watch someting that isn't PAL standard.

Why isn't it possible to get to work with WMC? :confused:

/Daninino

Ask Jame's, it has already been raised in the main thread :)

I play my movies using a wireless mouse and WMP11, never within VMC. Because regardless of reclock you still need to switch your monitor refresh between 24hz and 50hz for UK PAL TV.

Last edited:
But my LCD TV is running at 50Hz all the time hence I can watch Live and Recorded TV without jitters. So I want Reclock to activate so I don't have to switch between players just to watch a movie. It should just speed up the flick to 25fps and everything will be swell

/Daninino

At the moment, if you're using Vista Media Center, you have to manually disable ReClock before watching Live TV, and manually force ReClock to be enabled for DVD and TV viewing. James will hopefully be coming up with a fix soon.

If you've already forced ReClock to be enabled, and the ReClock icon is displayed in the Task Bar, then ReClock should be working properly. If you're still having problems, then its something to do with your ReClock configuration, and nothing to do with Vista Media Center.

I've just realised that you're actually talking about watching Recorded TV, not Live TV or videos. In this case, ReClock loads successfully, but as you say, it seems to be doing something strange. I've attached a screenshot of the ReClock window.

The interesting thing is that it says "ReClock disabled" at the top. But in the Clock Correction pane, the audio sync is continually changing, as it would if ReClock was working correctly. Also, my display driver crashes and recovers every couple of minutes, so ReClock is obviously doing something funny.

So I'm not sure what's going on! James, do you have any ideas?

Attachments

• Recorded TV.jpg
    Recorded TV.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 14
I am actually talking about wathcing videos. My recorded TV will always be 50I since I'm recording PAL. It is Video running at 23,97 I want to speed up to the match my refresh rate. But it doesn't seem to be working within Mediacenter

The Error your talking about in LiveTV is what I am seeing as well. I think Reclock cannot handle the datastream from the Tuner Card.

But what I don't get is that Reclock "thinks" it has corrected the stream when playing a 23,97 file but it really hasn't. The wierd thing is that if I open the Reclock Interface and change the framerate manually, it speeds up or slowdown the video. If I manually set it to 25.000fps it is still choppy, which amazes me.:bang:

/Daninino

Do you get a green tray icon? If so, ReClock should be doing its stuff. If its yellow or red, then ReClock is not active for some reason

Do you get a green tray icon? If so, ReClock should be doing its stuff. If its yellow or red, then ReClock is not active for some reason

I have the exact same behivour as Daninino. Reclock works perfectly in WMP11 but doesn't sync correctly when initiated from Vista Media Center.

The behaviour of the Reclock property pages is exactly the same in VMC as it is in WMP11 reporting that it has correctly sync'd the video and also showing the green clock in the taskbar but the video is still very choppy. I would go as far as to say that it is actually worse than without Reclock loaded. Would love to see this fixed!

I actually get a green icon, which confuses me even more. As I said in my previous post:
Daninino said:
But what I don't get is that Reclock "thinks" it has corrected the stream when playing a 23,97 file but it really hasn't. The wierd thing is that if I open the Reclock Interface and change the framerate manually, it speeds up or slowdown the video. If I manually set it to 25.000fps it is still choppy, which amazes me.:bang:

I tried installing 1.8.1.1 because it's possible to get it to be the preffered render which doesn't ruin LiveTV but now no video will start only Live and Recorded TV. So mayby I must use a different player if I want to play 23,97 videos. It's a shame :(

Hopefully James has a solution soon

/Daninino

I actually get a green icon, which confuses me even more. As I said in my previous post:

I tried installing 1.8.1.1 because it's possible to get it to be the preffered render which doesn't ruin LiveTV but now no video will start only Live and Recorded TV. So mayby I must use a different player if I want to play 23,97 videos. It's a shame :(

Hopefully James has a solution soon

/Daninino

Hey Daninino,

I've just spent 5 minutes looking into the event notification stuff that ReClock provides and I reckon that as a worst case scenario (which I actually would be really happy with!) it will be a piece of cake to create a vbs script to change the refresh rate depending on the video being played, exit Vista Media Center (ehShell.exe), open the selected media file in a different media player (WMP11, Zoom etc) then close the player and reload Vista Media Center when ReClock quits. All I would need from James is a workaround to stop ReClock from messing with the live tv feed in ehShell.exe.

I am using Reclock 1.8.4.2 (latest version as of 30.04.09) and am also having problems with Vista MCE.

I have installed Reclock and left all settings as default except for auto loading reclock with MPC, WMP, and MCE.

My HTPC runs at 50Hz natively.

I am using the MPCVideoDec.ax as my only installed codec for HA.

Reclock works perfectly with WMP for my 24p content.

Reclock reports that it works with MCE (green icon etc) but the video is jerky.

?

Please help! :)

Can confirm this as well. Reclock appears to be functioning as it should, but the renderer keeps dropping frames as if Reclock wasn't there.

Hopefully James will come with a permanent solution for Reclock in VMC soon.

Can confirm this as well. Reclock appears to be functioning as it should, but the renderer keeps dropping frames as if Reclock wasn't there.

Hopefully James will come with a permanent solution for Reclock in VMC soon.

Sorry, I gave up on VMC.

Sorry to hear that!

I know it's Microsoft and all, but there are a lot of users out there who could benefit from using Reclock in their media centers.

Having said that, you're providing a free tool here, so even though I would fall down to my knees and cry out "I'm not worthy!" if this thing's fixed, it's understandable that you want to spend your spare time to other things.

Back