• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Reclock and PowerDVD / Force Option

bentom

Hi,

at first I have to say thanks a lot for this great software it really works perfectly although it is in beta. I just have a quick question regarding to PowerDVD 8. My System is on XP SP3 and PowerDVD is 8.2270

The Problem is that it only works with PowerDVD when activating the two Options "Force Reclock to be loaded with Power DVD" and "Force Reclock to bee loaded in place of..." So when using this it works with any Directshow application. In my Case for example with DVBViewer which is OK for using it with films but not with liveTV. So I have to deactivate the Force option before starting DVBViewer in Live-TV. When using PowerDVD I have to avtivate it manually again.

I wrote a script in Autoit which handles it automatically (catches the windows and activates the check box) but this is more than a dirty hack. So is there any chance to activate this option via command line? This would make it a lot easier and more flexible.

Thanks in advance and Regards

Alex

Moreover - my suggestion is to implement some "blacklist" of media as addition to aplications restriction.

If you are using one of the latest betas Reclock already has exactly what you are asking for. You need to untick "set Reclock as preferred renderer" but leave "Force Reclock to be loaded in PowerDVD". The latter will make sure Reclock is loaded for normal DVDs. If you load a Blu-ray Reclock will open a pop-up that will ask you if you wish it to be used with PowerDVD. You need to select "always load". Now Reclock will load in PDVD for all media types.

Hi,

I use the release 1.8.2.7 and if I don't tick the ""Force Reclock to bee loaded in place of other filters" no way...PowerDVD won't load any BluRay with Reclock.

Thanks and regards

Alex

You do need to tick "force Reclock to be loaded in place of default Directsound/Wave renderer" (ticked by default), but as long as you do NOT tick "don't restrict app loading", on the advanced page, it will only load for application that you have configured via the pop-up or the advanced setting page, or for applications that specifically call Reclock, rather than the default renderer, as is possible in players like TheaterTek and MPC-HC.

Hi,

I use the release 1.8.2.7 and if I don't tick the ""Force Reclock to bee loaded in place of other filters" no way...PowerDVD won't load any BluRay with Reclock.
Yes, that's the way PowerDVD works. No problem, just allow ReClock for PowerDVD (when it asks you) and don't allow it for e.g. DVBViewer (when it asks you).

Hi,

@James: Yes you are absolutly right. I have to tick this because of PowerDVD and Blu-Ray and have to lock it for DVbViewer.

The only problem I have is that I use DVBViewer in 2 modes. The first (Video/Audio A) is LiveTV. Of Course Reclock has not to be loaded here because of delay in Audio. But I also use DVBViewer (Video/Audio B) with DVDs and Files. And of course I need Reclock for this. So locking it for DVBViewer is unfortunately not possible.

SO what I do now is working around around around :) When starting Blu-Ray a AutoIt script loads the Reclock Config ticks the "Force Box and closes Reclock) You don't see any windows because I do this operation as an hidden windows. It works but as I said a very dirty hack.

So if it would be possible to activate or deactivate options via command line it would be a lot easier. I know this is a very special case but on the other side it makes it a lot more flexible.

Regards,

Alex

Hi,

@James: Yes you are absolutly right. I have to tick this because of PowerDVD and Blu-Ray and have to lock it for DVbViewer.

The only problem I have is that I use DVBViewer in 2 modes. The first (Video/Audio A) is LiveTV. Of Course Reclock has not to be loaded here because of delay in Audio. But I also use DVBViewer (Video/Audio B) with DVDs and Files. And of course I need Reclock for this. So locking it for DVBViewer is unfortunately not possible.

SO what I do now is working around around around :) When starting Blu-Ray a AutoIt script loads the Reclock Config ticks the "Force Box and closes Reclock) You don't see any windows because I do this operation as an hidden windows. It works but as I said a very dirty hack.

So if it would be possible to activate or deactivate options via command line it would be a lot easier. I know this is a very special case but on the other side it makes it a lot more flexible.

Options are stored in the registry (HKCU\Software\ReClock\Config) and you can load registry settings with regedit from the command line.

@james

thank you very much that's excactly what I was looking for :)

Regards,

Alex

Back