• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Reclock 1.8.7.9 failing to start altogether?

Hi guys,

Just downloaded and installed Reclock 1.8.7.9.

I double-clicked 'Config.exe', looked over the tabs... hit 'Okay'... and nothing happened.

Am I supposed to be doing something else to actually have it running in the tray?

I did make sure that "Do not show icon in tray" was unchecked in the Advanced settings tab.

Thanks in advance.

David

Windows 7
Radeon HD 7850

Ummm... try playing some video using the DirectShow ReClock Audio Renderer?

same thing happened to me now after uninstalling and reinstalling reclock. I get a "copy failed" when reclock is trying to copy something to the audiofilter folder of powerdvd12. And no, powerdvd is not running :(

EDIT: tried 10 times or so and finally ended up deleting lots of left over stuff in the registry, which the uninstaller didn't remove and now it works.

Last edited:
Same problem, different PC.

Ummm... try playing some video using the DirectShow ReClock Audio Renderer?

Hi, thanks for the response. Can I do what your describing with VLC?

In my original post, I was first trying to determine if I should see a Reclock icon in the system tray after clicking 'Okay' in the ReClock Configuration. Can anyone answer that question?

Update: Just did a clean install of ReClock on another Windows 7 PC and am having the same results, so I don't think it's an issue with the registry.

Really looking forward to playing with this program, it would be great if I could get it to start.

In my original post, I was first trying to determine if I should see a Reclock icon in the system tray after clicking 'Okay' in the ReClock Configuration. Can anyone answer that question?

Update: Just did a clean install of ReClock on another Windows 7 PC and am having the same results, so I don't think it's an issue with the registry.

Really looking forward to playing with this program, it would be great if I could get it to start.

The reclock icon only pops up when it's actually working (at least in my configuration). Pop on a movie and minimize the player (and check your tray).

Did you read the "Readme" ?

Got it working with MPCHC. The icon not being present until it's actually activated definitely threw me off. Thanks guys.

ReClock is a directshow filter, it cannot work with VLC.
Directshow players include MPCHC, ZoomPlayer, Potplayer,etc..

Actually Directshow can work with VLC, it just requires a Directshow Bridge.

Because VLC is open source and it implements a high quality, flexible and reliable multiplexer, Sensoray chose it as the foundation for a DirectShow multiplexer filter. VLC, however, is an application program, which is to say that it is not a DirectShow filter.

VLC is designed to work in conjunction with plug-ins and modules. For example, video streams enter VLC through an access module. Ironically, VLC has a DirectShow access module, but this module can’t be used to insert VLC into a filter graph as a separate filter. Also, VLC provides access to DirectShow drivers, but such drivers typically support only uncompressed capture cards.

In order to work around these issues and make it possible for VLC’s multiplexer to be used with DirectShow, Sensoray developed the Sensoray VLC Bridge, a DirectShow filter that incorporates the VLC libraries. This filter serves as a bridge from DirectShow to VLC, thus exposing VLC’s multiplexer functionality in the form of a DirectShow filter. It is a very useful standalone filter and, in the spirit of the open source movement (and as required by GPL), Sensoray provides all source code for the filter on its website.

A rather cumbersome kludge IMO, but it looks to be doable. Playing via Directshow just isn't something that can be done with VLC by itself "out of the box".

Got it working with MPCHC. The icon not being present until it's actually activated definitely threw me off. Thanks guys.

You indicated you are running Windows 7. Just change the icon notification for Reclock to "Show Icon and notifications". Then theoretically whenever Reclock is running the icon will be visible.

You indicated you are running Windows 7. Just change the icon notification for Reclock to "Show Icon and notifications". Then theoretically whenever Reclock is running the icon will be visible.

Yeah I'm familiar with customizing the system tray... the ReClock icon isn't hidden when it's not running... it isn't there at all.

Back