• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ready to buy, but Not meeting my expectations yet

RonvP

I have always been a big fan of Slysoft products and own/bought several pieces of their software (AnyDVD, CloneDVD, Clone DVD-mobile). But (forgive my directness here) this one is missing the mark completely. It appears as if it is rushed to market just to generate some xmas sales

Here is what I found:

1. CUDA not even a option in the hardware acceleration. it says it does on the website, but it only shows DXVA. Then when I start a rip, it does not even show appreciable DXVA acceleration. I can rip a BR with DVDFAB using Cuda in about 7 to 15 minutes depending on the length of the movie.
  2. Need a option to stop showing the movie playing while ripping. It is nice to check the first few minutes to see if it is all working, but then I need to be able to stop it.
  3. VERY limited h.264 compression options. In fact, there are no options at all!! I am looking for (Constant quality, bit rate options, 1-pass, 2 pass ,etc..). Right now, we have a slider that shows adjustments based on a target file size, but that type of setting is not giving me the info that I need. Also, this slider defaults to the maximum file size. The point of h.264 is compression, so it should default to some proper settings at least.
  4. Audio options in MP4. specifically, AAC seems to have maximum bitrate of 384. I like to have 448 or better for AAC.. Same as my previous comments on h.264; show me the compression options please. I like to see some of the other the other options as well, such as boosting audio volumes, etc..
  5. I like to have a way to configure my own preferred default profiles. We can probably edit a settings file to adjust compressions, audio options, etc.. but in this day and age it really should be part of the interface.
  6. Forced subtitles are not flagged, so selecting the right stream is trial and error..

I just find that in a effort to make this program easy to use it has become not(dis) functional!

Last edited:
Features

I agree with you.

1: 2-Pass encoding with preset size [MKV] for Dvdr, Dvd9 and BDR25 would be nice.

2: Automatic crop function. [Black bars]

Thank you for your suggestions. Very well prepared, easy for me to add - so I added all of them.

Tom

Need a option to stop showing the movie playing while ripping. It is nice to check the first few minutes to see if it is all working, but then I need to be able to stop it.
Feature request ticket already added yesterday. Check upcoming updates for [#339]

CUDA not even a option in the hardware acceleration. it says it does on the website, but it only shows DXVA. Then when I start a rip, it does not even show appreciable DXVA acceleration. I can rip a BR with DVDFAB using Cuda in about 7 to 15 minutes depending on the length of the movie.
Feature request ticket added. Check upcoming updates for [#444]

VERY limited h.264 compression options. In fact, there are no options at all!! I am looking for (Constant quality, bit rate options, 1-pass, 2 pass ,etc..). Right now, we have a slider that shows adjustments based on a target file size, but that type of setting is not giving me the info that I need. Also, this slider defaults to the maximum file size. The point of h.264 is compression, so it should default to some proper settings at least.
Feature request ticket added. Check upcoming updates for [#445]

Audio options in MP4. specifically, AAC seems to have maximum bitrate of 384. I like to have 448 or better for AAC.. Same as my previous comments on h.264; show me the compression options please. I like to see some of the other the other options as well, such as boosting audio volumes, etc..
Feature request ticket added. Check upcoming updates for [#446]

I like to have a way to configure my own preferred default profiles. We can probably edit a settings file to adjust compressions, audio options, etc.. but in this day and age it really should be part of the interface.
Feature request ticket added. Check upcoming updates for [#447]

Forced subtitles are not flagged, so selecting the right stream is trial and error..
Bug report ticket added. Check upcoming updates for [#448]

2-Pass encoding with preset size [MKV] for Dvdr, Dvd9 and BDR25 would be nice.
Feature request ticket added. Check upcoming updates for [#449]

Thanks for the PM, now I got you.

Feature request ticket added. Check upcoming updates for [#451]

AMD video card that has latest opencl and accel video transcoding. The latest versions of x264 can now use my cpu and my video card to make a encode with a preset of very slow, me=uhm,subme=10,trellis=2, badapt=2 and lookahead=60 this part lookahead is where my gpu comes in... this used to take me about 8/9 hrs I always use about half of what the bitrate is untouched,if it's 24 MB/s my bitrate will be 12 and it takes about 5 hrs now. The guy that said he did one in an hour with cloneBD, I doubt he used the settings I just said.
Is there an advanced section where you can choose different settings

Back