• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Read errors when copying UHD 'No time to die'

scroller45

When I tried to copy the UHD 'No time to die' (which is not listed as unsupported) for the first time, AnyDVD prompted the following status (I never had problems like this one before):

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD HD 8.6.0.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.10
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 48319136 sectors (94373 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: NO_TIME_TO_DIE
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 76
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
Incompatible LibreDrive! Please uninstall or update MakeMKV!
ERROR while processing the Blu-ray Disc!​

After that I uninstalled MakeMKV and tried to copy again. AnyDVD started and after about 4% completion it prompted lots of read errors.

I created a logfile and attached it to the post. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.0.0_Info_F_NO_TIME_TO_DIE_DD448D20_B3F92701.ziplog
    3.6 MB · Views: 2
Wash the disc with warm water and liquid soap. Then wipe with a microfiber cloth used for cleaning glasses. Try again. Libredrive or not. Doesn't matter. But you should install the newest Makemkv to have all options.

If you do reinstall MakeMKV, make sure it's the latest version. It won't impact the read errors (bad/dirty disc as coopervid said), but it'll integrate properly with AnyDVD going forward.

If you do reinstall MakeMKV, make sure it's the latest version. It won't impact the read errors (bad/dirty disc as coopervid said), but it'll integrate properly with AnyDVD going forward.

This reply appears to imply that MakeMKV must be installed as a pre-requisite for AnyDVDHD to work.

Is that correct ?

(I don't use MakeMKV and don't have it installed)

Not at all. Just a warning that if you DO end up installing MakeMKV for any reason, the latest version is necessary. That's all.

This reply appears to imply that MakeMKV must be installed as a pre-requisite for AnyDVDHD to work.

Is that correct ?

(I don't use MakeMKV and don't have it installed)
No, not at all. But if - you need the newest version.

Advantages:

Works with official LG drives
Works with Pioneer drives (need to be UHD capable to read UHD discs)
Does not screw up SamuriHLs scanner for unsupported discs

Does not screw up SamuriHLs scanner for unsupported discs

I guess you mean by generating bogus OPD's?

I could be wrong, but I don't think that can happen if you don't have makeMKV installed at all.

Can it?

T

Advantages:

Nvm, I get it.

I thought you were giving the advantage of installing makeMKV over not installing it.

You're listing the advantages of using the latest version over an older version.

T

Many thanks for the help!

I installed the latest version v1.16.7 of MakeMKV, cleaned the surface of the disc as suggested and tried to copy it. Unfortunately the were also read errors:

MakeMKV v1.16.7 win(x64-release) started
Using LibreDrive mode (v06.3 id=0FA242DD4D0B)
Backing up disc into folder "D:/multimedia/bluray/backup/NO_TIME_TO_DIE"
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
File "/dummy_f.dat" was skipped
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00294.m2ts' at offset '4249221120'
Failed to save title /BDMV/STREAM/00294.m2ts to file D:/backup/NO_TIME_TO_DIE/BDMV/STREAM/00294.m2ts
Encountered 6 errors of type 'Read Error' - see http://www.makemkv.com/errors/read/
Backup done but 1 files failed hash check​

The surface looks good, only very few scratches. Might I replace it?

Many thanks for the help!

I installed the latest version v1.16.7 of MakeMKV, cleaned the surface of the disc as suggested and tried to copy it. Unfortunately the were also read errors:

MakeMKV v1.16.7 win(x64-release) started
Using LibreDrive mode (v06.3 id=0FA242DD4D0B)
Backing up disc into folder "D:/multimedia/bluray/backup/NO_TIME_TO_DIE"
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
File "/dummy_f.dat" was skipped
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00294.m2ts' at offset '4249221120'
Failed to save title /BDMV/STREAM/00294.m2ts to file D:/backup/NO_TIME_TO_DIE/BDMV/STREAM/00294.m2ts
Encountered 6 errors of type 'Read Error' - see http://www.makemkv.com/errors/read/
Backup done but 1 files failed hash check​

The surface looks good, only very few scratches. Might I replace it?
Yes, if you don't have another drive to test it with.

Unfortunately I don't have another UHD friendly drive. Thus I will try to replace it.

Back