• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Read error: Why soft does not just skip ?

Clipper

Hi,

I have a read error on a DVD I try to backup. I can see a little scratch but why is CloneDVD have only Cancel or Retry options ? I'd like to just skip a few frames and continue writing the disk file.

not possible ?

Thanks
Clipper

Clonedvd does not skip past read errors.

Now *that* is a very thorough and helpful answer from a moderator. :clap: Fortunately I'm a skilled techie myself and could figure out that complex software behavior on my own.

My question was more what was the particular reason for not doing this, when such a feature would be available or if I will have to find another software doing it. :confused:

I don't think I should buy a second original DVD to have a backup right ?

Thanks.
Clipper

Now *that* is a very thorough and helpful answer from a moderator. :clap: Fortunately I'm a skilled techie myself and could figure out that complex software behavior on my own.

Then perhaps you shouldn't have asked, "not possible (" I'd like to just skip a few frames and continue writing the disk file.")?
Consider yourself ignored by yours truly. Try insulting/being sarcastic to anyone else in this forum that tries to help you, and I will ban you.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."

Consider yourself warned. :policeman:

Last edited:
Now *that* is a very thorough and helpful answer from a moderator.
i take it you also found james' answer 'thorough and helpful' aswell?
so you know it wont skip errors and you where probably hitting 'retry'?.
they can only give answers based on what they know in relation to the software you are using.
i suppose clonedvd2 could include an 'auto retry' feature to do it automatically.
but i know i would rather have a glitch free back-up of a dvd,rather than a dvd that contained an error to mirror the disc i was copying.

Fair enough. I am sorry to have hurted you guys feelings and apologize. I actually just noticed that this is a public forum without any relationship to SlySoft.

Hence, you're not bound to give me a proper commercial answer and free to ban me. Now please understand that having spent $95 a few days ago, falling on a read error after 5 dvds backed up and not being able to get past that, frustrates me a lot as a customer. I bought this to backup my collection of quite old DVDs and for sure I will have a few other scratches to deal with here and there. That's why I have been maybe a bit rude and I apologize again.

Now James's answer was at least constructive :eek:

So I guess I have no refund and no option at all right ?

Ok... my fault to not have done enough tests during the 21 days period. Maybe the lifetime upgrade will eventually add this feature.

Cheers, thanks for your help anyway
Stephane

I actually just noticed that this is a public forum without any relationship to SlySoft.

These forums are public, but these forums are owned and operated by Slysoft.

Hence, you're not bound to give me a proper commercial answer

The proper answer is that Clonedvd does not skip over read errors. You asked. I answered. You cannot "just skip a few frames." So, it's "not possible" with Clonedvd.

Clonedvd can attempt a number of read retries, but Clonedvd does not skip past read errors. You can try getting your disc resurfaced. Also if the read error is large enough, you will have a severely flawed backup--regardless of what software you use.

and free to ban me.

As for banning, "We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums is a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system."

I advise you to read the forum rules: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=6&postcount=1

So I guess I have no refund and no option at all right ?

from Slysoft's purchase page (that's impossible to not visit if you buy Slysoft software)

(with "Important Note" nicely bolded and the text highlighted as well)

"Important Note
Our products are sold as 'try-before-you-buy'. You can try them free for 21 days in order to evaluate the software and the functions before you purchase. SlySoft Inc. does not refund your money if you are not satisfied with our products, so please take your time with the evaluation."

Maybe the lifetime upgrade will eventually add this feature.

Slysoft is not the official developer of Clonedvd. Elaborate Bytes is. Slysoft is a reseller. If you have a suggestion for Clonedvd, you may want to try contacting Elaborate Bytes:
http://elby.ch/products/clone_dvd/support.php

Last edited:
Back