• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Questions about CloneBD verse AnyDVD HD

XenosagaLover

Am I correct in my understanding that the only difference between AnyDVD HD and CloneBD besides one being only for bluray is the fact that CloneBD also compresses the file size of the blurays and also allows for it to convert bluray files into other formats? Do both software's remove commercial protection from blurays? Or am I totally lost in my understanding?

I am trying to figure out which software I should buy or if I have to have both for what I am wanting to do which is:

I am trying get a software that will decrypt blurays and dvds and allow me to save them to my computer hard drive so that I may use an editing software to edit them to my liking. Now do I need both softwares to do that or can I do that with just AnyDVD or CloneBD (though I am guessing CloneBD only works with blurays)?

Thanks so much for your time and I look forward to hopefully hearing from someone.:)

CloneBD dont remove protections from bluray. You need AnyDVDHD to copy protected bluray. With anyDVDHD you can decrypt DVDs and blurays. For copy DVDs you can use CloneDVD2 and for bluray CloneBD

CloneBD dont remove protections from bluray. You need AnyDVDHD to copy protected bluray. With anyDVDHD you can decrypt DVDs and blurays. For copy DVDs you can use CloneDVD2 and for bluray CloneBD

So in order to actually get the bluray or dvd content copied to your hard drive you have to have CloneBD and CloneDVD2?

No, if you just want to decrypt the disc then you just need AnyDVD HD and use it's built in ripping function to copy it to the drive. CloneBD is used for shrinking the Blu-ray down or changing the format to files such as MKV and MP4

AnyDVD is used to decrypt (remove copy protection) from the disc before anything else is done. Insert the disc, AnyDVD does its thing in a few seconds to 20 seconds. After that you use CloneBD to do the copying or make an .iso or disc, or mkv file etc. So you need both. Adbear'is also correct as AnyDVD has a secondary feature to make a full copy with all the adds etc still in a folder style, or an .iso. Nothing is removed in that style.

Yes wowszer, the protection is removed in ripping too

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Back