• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Regarding Registered GJ Users

. I'm uncertain whether AnyDVD ect needs access to this portion of the kernel to perform its function but I'm certain based on the quality and success of past slysoft software that they know where to look and how to make it work.

All Slysoft programs thus far work with Vista.

Having problems with "This driver is not digitally signed... cannot install etc" crap, then F8 when the comp starts and choose "disable enforced driver signing"

Bit of a pain in the arse to do this but I have found so far that I only have to do this when I am installing a program doesn't seem to be an issue when you are just running the program after a successfull install.

My 2bits for what it's worth, biggest problems I have had are because I am running the x64 version and have had to wait for the 64bit versions of a couple programs, the rest run just fine.

I'm away from the Game Jackal site for a couple months ... and BLAMMO ... it's kaput, GONE, the ROOF caves in on it all !!! :mad:

A long time ago I got hooked on CD emulation software after using a CD emulator software called Fantom CD (by An Chen/CopyStar); though I wasn't to keen on the idea of it using up a lot of HD space, the idea of not grabbing for a CD every time I wanted to play one of my many games was just too good a feeling to not fall in love with the software .... not just a little over a 1 year after purchasing a license for that emulation sw they died! No more updates, no more support, simply gone! :confused:

Next I came across Alcohol 120%. Tried it and really liked the way it worked. I moved on to a licensed copy of Alcohol 120% very quickly ... still love the software (and at least they're still updating it [as far as I know :eek: ] and still supporting it fully along with my license), but still hated the amount of HD space that was needed for its emulation to work.

Then, about 6 months or so ago I came across Game Jackal ... tried it out and loved the way it worked; it used up a lot less space then Alcohol 120% and worked with every game I had (except my BG&E Tages game), so I immediately jumped on the bandwagon & purchased several licenses ... and wouldn't it just follow suit? Now it too has gone the way of the, errr, Jackal! :doh:

The software developers could have emailed licensed users prior to their completely abrupt shut-down, or at the very least they could have posted a more detailed closing statement ... maybe even throwing in a small THANK YOU to the registered users. Maybe I missed the post or online letter to their registered customers, but I didn't see any ... that kind of stinks in of itself.

Oh well, my timing really seems to stink as well. I liked this software and was very happy with how well it was working with the 20+ games I had working with it. It saved a ton of space over what Alcohol used ... damn-it-all, why do I always get something I like, but always at or near the very end of its lifetime!?!?

Well, maybe with this news that SlySoft is going to continue working on the GJ software, all is not really TOTALLY lost. I would hate to see Game Jackal completely die off. I have not had too many problems with it at all using it on several of my XP Pro systems. I like the interface, and for me it was very simple to use.

I actually purchased 4 GJ licenses ... and though it would be phenomenal if it happened, I doubt SlySoft will be offering legitimate prior GJ lifetime license holders a free license and support for the SlySoft version ... when or if it ever comes out!?!? I read the user Tom (a SlySoft Team Member?) post that a news release about the SlySoft GJ version was supposed to be just days away and he requested everyone to just wait for it ... that was posted on February 8th, 15 days ago now ... and heck, even though I just found out about this huge development - problem - conundrum ... I am really longing for some answers from SlySoft in the new development and continued support for Game Jackal ... and of course, in how they may or may not give prior license holders a break.

Happy to be a new SlySoft forum member, but even more => VERY anxiously looking forward to the official news release on Sly Jackal [sic] or Game Jackal, or whatever new name it will assume!

I'm away from the Game Jackal site for a couple months ... and BLAMMO ... it's kaput, GONE, the ROOF caves in on it all !!! :mad:

A long time ago I got hooked on CD emulation software after using a CD emulator software called Fantom CD (by An Chen/CopyStar); though I wasn't to keen on the idea of it using up a lot of HD space, the idea of not grabbing for a CD every time I wanted to play one of my many games was just too good a feeling to not fall in love with the software .... not just a little over a 1 year after purchasing a license for that emulation sw they died! No more updates, no more support, simply gone! :confused:

Next I came across Alcohol 120%. Tried it and really liked the way it worked. I moved on to a licensed copy of Alcohol 120% very quickly ... still love the software (and at least they're still updating it [as far as I know :eek: ] and still supporting it fully along with my license), but still hated the amount of HD space that was needed for its emulation to work.

Then, about 6 months or so ago I came across Game Jackal ... tried it out and loved the way it worked; it used up a lot less space then Alcohol 120% and worked with every game I had (except my BG&E Tages game), so I immediately jumped on the bandwagon & purchased several licenses ... and wouldn't it just follow suit? Now it too has gone the way of the, errr, Jackal! :doh:

The software developers could have emailed licensed users prior to their completely abrupt shut-down, or at the very least they could have posted a more detailed closing statement ... maybe even throwing in a small THANK YOU to the registered users. Maybe I missed the post or online letter to their registered customers, but I didn't see any ... that kind of stinks in of itself.

Oh well, my timing really seems to stink as well. I liked this software and was very happy with how well it was working with the 20+ games I had working with it. It saved a ton of space over what Alcohol used ... damn-it-all, why do I always get something I like, but always at or near the very end of its lifetime!?!?

Well, maybe with this news that SlySoft is going to continue working on the GJ software, all is not really TOTALLY lost. I would hate to see Game Jackal completely die off. I have not had too many problems with it at all using it on several of my XP Pro systems. I like the interface, and for me it was very simple to use.

I actually purchased 4 GJ licenses ... and though it would be phenomenal if it happened, I doubt SlySoft will be offering legitimate prior GJ lifetime license holders a free license and support for the SlySoft version ... when or if it ever comes out!?!? I read the user Tom (a SlySoft Team Member?) post that a news release about the SlySoft GJ version was supposed to be just days away and he requested everyone to just wait for it ... that was posted on February 8th, 15 days ago now ... and heck, even though I just found out about this huge development - problem - conundrum ... I am really longing for some answers from SlySoft in the new development and continued support for Game Jackal ... and of course, in how they may or may not give prior license holders a break.

Happy to be a new SlySoft forum member, but even more => VERY anxiously looking forward to the official news release on Sly Jackal [sic] or Game Jackal, or whatever new name it will assume!
Do you own any Slysoft products?

Back