• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question on SlySoft Beta releases

coyotesupergenius

Hi,

I'm a bit of a newbie to the forum, but have noticed the Beta releases of Slysoft apps.

Could one of the mods please outline the entire Beta process & whether or not they are suitable for newbies to use ahead of an "official" update.

Any & all information would be appreciated. :bowdown:

Feel free to go into detail as I can be slow in catching on....:bang::bang::bang:

Thanks...

Jim H.

If it is announced that there is a beta here on the forum it is safe to use.

Beta is still beta, but like charlie said if it is on forum it is safe to some extend

Beta: a piece of software or web application that's still being developed.
I would not hesitate using Beta versions of Slysoft products BUT there is always a chance of a problem with any Beta software from any developer.
"Safe"........most likely.

Could one of the mods please outline the entire Beta process

You've got to be kidding. Maybe they could post the source code too while they're at it.

Anyways, if you go by strict standards, AnyDVD's beta releases are more like release candidates. They are considered safe to use.

[SARCASM]

The Beta Process:

(1) James and peer sit in their dark, dank, laboratory under an old castle along with the assistance of their trusty helper, Igor.
(2) They constantly have to contend with the local townsfolk wielding torches and pitchforks pounding on the front door.
(3) They laugh and cackle maniacally as they do their work. They do. Really. Earplugs come in handy.
(4) They poke and prod their creations until they feel they are safe enough for public consumption.
(5) They release their new creation on the unsuspecting masses.

[/SARCASM]

There really is no secret. When James feels a release is solid enough for users to try then he releases it as a public beta.

Last edited:
Get it Right

The assistants name is Fritz, Igor just Gets them their Mojitos, or Gin Rickeys, and the public may suspect but the "Industry" knows and fears!:agree:. And this is what the "Indusry" does:bang::bang::bang:

Hi,

I'm a bit of a newbie to the forum, but have noticed the Beta releases of Slysoft apps.

Could one of the mods please outline the entire Beta process & whether or not they are suitable for newbies to use ahead of an "official" update.

Any & all information would be appreciated. :bowdown:

Feel free to go into detail as I can be slow in catching on....

Thanks...

Jim H.
I usually give hints in the beta posts, like "Everybody should try this beautiful version..." which means, yes, it is the best version and it is perfectly safe to use.

Sometimes I write "only for experienced users", when very specific problems are addressed or major changes could cause side effects, or there wasn't enough time for testing. :eek:

Really (potentially) nasty versions aren't posted in the public forum, they are tested with a closed beta tester group.

Back