• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

question on pal

jerseyjoe

hi can someone tell me how to make a pal movie region free, i downloaded a couple of movies and they are pal?? anydvd will not remove it and clonedvd will not. any ideas thanx

pal isnt a region restriction. it is a format. there is pal and ntsc. if you are in america you use ntsc.

you will have to get a program to reencode the movie in ntsc (usually it involves some quality loss). ive heard a prog called dvd santa can do this, though ive never done it with that.

i did one movie one time by importing the movie files into a new video project in nero (nero vision? perhaps) and then encoding and burning. it resulted in ntsc, although i dont know exactly how i did it (i think i just set the output as ntsc, and then it asked me if i was sure, since there was more pal movie than ntsc). it looked fine to me, though im much more a videophile now.

Back