• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question concerning CSS Key for Twilight:Eclipse

Pveatherfall

Evening everyone,

I use AnyDVD + Handbrake to move movies over to Itunes. Normally, I have no problems whether the dvd is new or old in doing so. With Eclipse, I'm getting a weird error from Handbrake that makes me wonder if something about the dvd is styming AnyDVD. The error that it drops at the very end is

libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 4.1.3
libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
libdvdread: Could not open input: Permission denied
libdvdread: Can't open D: for reading
libdvdread: Device (null) inaccessible, CSS authentication not available.

Fairly simple right? It just says that the libdvdnav and libdvdread are unavailable and that the CSS authentication is unavailable. Well, when I bring up AnyDVD's screen and go to the CSS Keys section, every movie I've imported is there and each one has the same things, a Layerbreak VTS key, a Video_TS Key and then several VTS_01/02 etc keys. Eclipse is different. It has the layerbreak and the VTS_01 keys but the VIDEO_TS is blank. I checked every single other movie in my list thinking that it just might be "the norm" but every single one is there and I've moved over 100 movies to my Itunes archive.

Could it be the fact that even though I'm using 6.7.5 for AnyDVD, have updated my dvd drivers to the most recent version, that something about the dvd is preventing AnyDVD from reading it fully? I was able to play the movie directly in the drive and I was able to create an image file of the dvd, as well as VOB files though the AnyDVD menu. It's just odd that of all the movies I've done, that's the first to not have that key. =\ - minor edit - I double checked and my drive is set to region 1.

I'm not asking for help on figuring out why Handbrake won't create the movie. That's a different forum entirely =) Just wondering if that might possibly have anything to do with it.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.7.5.0_Info_D_THE_TWILIGHT_SAGA_ECLIPSE.zip
    406.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Personally, I would first right click the AnyDvd tray icon and use the "rip video dvd to harddisk " option, and then run that rip into handbrake. Just might give you better results, with this particular dvd.

I did do that

The rip dvd to harddisk option dropped a folder on my desktop that had the movie files in it as VOBs. While that works, it split the movie into 7 VOB files as that is how they are arranged on the disc. Each of those can be put through and then I would just have the movie in seven parts. No big deal there though annoying since I am not smart enough to figure out how to put them back together.

Handbrake can deal with the folder the same way it deals with the real disk - no?

-W

Handbrake does read the image file just like the dvd but the end result is the same. An error saying that the css key is unavailable and then stops. I just finished a trial run of one of the VOB files and it ran it fine. Interestingly enough I went back and pulled up the error log to see what the difference between running it from the image file versus the vob file and found this in the image file error log

libdvdnav: Unable to find home directorylibdvdnav: DVD disk reports itself with Region mask 0x00000000. Regions: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

If memory serves, directorylibdvdnav is the dvd menu and chapter breakdown. Would it be that the missing key is what should be unlocking the chapter information and since it isn't available, it kicks the rip out?

AnyDVD_Status

Code:
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.7.5.0)
HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22NP20 2.00 09/10/06 7U01
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4153312 sectors (8111 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THE_TWILIGHT_SAGA_ECLIPSE
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC

Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Patched DVD volume label!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 12 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!
The version of AnyDVD you are using ( 6.7.5.0 ) is up to date.
Code:
HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22NP20 2.00 09/10/06 7U01
Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for your optical drive. See here.

Rip speeds on DVD and Blu-Ray might be improved by MediaCodeSpeedEdit. Please see RIPLOCK.
If installed (often from Duplex Secure, Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% ), uninstall SPTD, which is the culprit for slow rips.
See here and here.

This disk contains structural protection & bad sector protection. Please either use AnyDVDs 'Rip To Harddrive' function or use CloneDVD. See here for details.

Okay that's what I did, but it doesn't explain why of all the dvds I've used AnyDVD for, that the Video_TS Key is missing. Did AnyDVD just not have it or is it supposed to be missing? I mean if every other dvd has that key in my history, then it really does make it the odd man out.

Okay that's what I did, but it doesn't explain why of all the dvds I've used AnyDVD for, that the Video_TS Key is missing. Did AnyDVD just not have it or is it supposed to be missing? I mean if every other dvd has that key in my history, then it really does make it the odd man out.

If VIDEO_TS.VOB isn't encrypted, no key is required. This is no problem and happens quite often.

I ripped Eclipse to my hdd then used the latest nightly build of Handbrake from the nightly builds thread on their forum to convert Eclipse to MKV format using custom CQ18 and dvd resolution. I had no problems.

Peter

Handbrake does read the image file just like the dvd but the end result is the same.

Use AnyDVD to rip to folder - not to image. A rip to image leaves some structural protection intact. and handbrake might not like that.

-
W

The op already stated in post #3 that he did rip to folder, after my suggestion to do it in post #2.

OK. So he needs to Rip to Folder with AnyDVD and ther turn THAT folder into an ISO with something else. I Guess.

-W

Back