• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question about 'title' files on DVDs

Ozzy667

I've noticed on many DVDs that there are two 'title' files with the same running length. They both seem to have the same movie on them as well.

If I unclick one of the titles, the movie fits onto a regular (ie. not dual layer) DVD and burns faster.

For example - Bug's Life:

Title 1
Play Time: 1:34:48

Title 2
Play Time: 1:34:48

All other pieces of info are identical as well...

Video format: MPEG2 NTSC 4:3 720x480
Chapters: 23
1 Audio Stream: English Dolby AC-3é6
1 Subtitle: English

When I watch each file in the preview window, they seem to be identical.

So my question is...

What would the purpose of this duplicate file be?

What would be lost by not backing this file up?

Thanks in advance!

This could be one of two scenarios: both widescreen and fullscreen versions are included on the disc or there are different angles.

In the case of A Bug's Life (Region 1), Title Set 1 is fullscreen and Title Set 6 is widescreen.

And how does the different angle function work with most movies?

I've seen this button on DVD players for ages, but the only disc I've ever seen it implemented on is a Metallica disc that lets you view the same song from different angles...

Are there feature films that allow you to change the viewing angle?

(PS to mods - sorry, I should have started this thread in CloneDVD not AnyDVD - perhaps you could move the thread if you feel it's appropriate?)

Sorry - forgot to add...

I see now that Bugs Life is full screen and wide screen. Thanks for pointing that out.

Back