• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

QTGMC - Staxrip/Hybrid (Out Of Sync Audio In Output File)

ok, fixed it. videohelpforum was of no help, got headache reading all the info from a to z, so i tried the following and it worked for DVDs i had troubles with. i turned off 'extract timestamps' and turned on 'demux video' in staxrip's (2.29) settings. i also went with MPEG2source for, well... source and i had to ditch nvidia h264 since it just did not want to work with it, so i opted for vanilla h264 encoder. this way i am now able to use QTGMC, get 50-60fps outputs (depending whether source was 25 or 30fps) and audio is in sync. went through a season of will&grace, all good. a season of crime story, all good. next, the fugitive.

if i run into a DVD that has no such problems, i goto staxrip 2.13, i also use QTGMC, but this time with nvidia h264 since DVDs that give no troubles, well... they encode just fine. i did notice that nivida h264 gives better results than vanilla h264, but that could be because with vanilla h264 i just use default settings, i havent tried messing with gops and qpels and whatnots, i honestly dunno what im doing.

but for now, i am going through a tonne of already remuxed and encoded DVDs in my library and to be honest, it gets the job done and even i, a noob am getting faaaar superior results than any provider, backed by millions of dollars, can provide in 480-576p. minus remastered shows, but even then... if i knew what i was doing, and i had a 16 core monster, paried with an a2000 and if i used QTGMC in superslow mode and i knew the ins and outs of nvidias h264 encoder, knew how to apply them settings and tweaks and then used just a taaaad of topaz' AI, just a smidge... the results would be absolutely stunning. why do providers do such a sheeit job with older TV series, apart from those that got a remaster, is honestly beyond me. i mean, ive seen topaz'd cartoons and regular TV shows, upscaled from 480p all the wayy to 1080p and more often than not zoomed out faces are just a blob, literally. zoomed in objects? yeah, looked waaay batter than original source. anyways, im rambling again. hopefully this info finds the next noob that stumbles upon DVDs that just refuse to work like the rest with QTGMC in staxrip. cheers!

EDIT: tonight. a special report from the twilight zone. bubba zanetti reporting. ok, you guise wont believe this. while the new method works falwlessly (i yet have to encounter OOS troubles), ive just now witnessed something pretty bizarre, to say the least. i mentioned how i use 2.13 with QTGMC and nvidia x264 with DVDs that never gave me any OOS troubles? so, ive makemkvd the entire s01 of the fugitive, one of the culprits that made me seek help with this thread. now, heres the weird stuff. the entire season is a part of the same source, 8x DVDs and i presume they are from the same boxset. for the fun of it i decided to preview a few random episodes that are not the first three (these were test bunnies that inspired this thread). i loaded them up in 2.13 and hit preview. NO OOS. wtf? i tried another random episode. NO OOS. wtf? i tried e01 and of course OOS in preview. wtf? same season, same boxset, but some episodes require the 2.29 method (MPEGsource + no timestamps + extract video + vanilla x264 encoder) and other, from the same DVD and same boxset, go just fine with 2.13 method (ffvideosource + QTGMC + no timestamps + no demux video + nvidia x264 encoder). seriously... what the hell? how is this possible? are DVDs so f'd up that 3 episodes out of 30 in s01 are differently encoded/trasnferred/whatever than the other 27, in the same DVD boxset?? i mean, what other explanation could there be? totally bizarre. sure, i have yet to try encoding them, since sometimes i get no OOS in preview and then OOS with final encodes, but still. anyways, the saga continues. cheers.

EDIT2: in short, yes. a season has 8 DVDs, 30 episodes span across those 8 DVDs. first disc has 4 episodes, 2nd as well, then 3rd has 3 episodes etc... ive left second season of the fugitive encoding over night in staxrip 2.13 (aka old method) and out of 30 episodes 9 were spewed oout OOS. 21 just fine, everything in sync. so, yes. DVDs are retarded. or, theres a chance my source is mixing seasonal discs from different boxsets which is quite unlikely IMO. anyways, something new learned. heh. we live in a society.

EDIT3: ran into same problem, but this time with bluray remux files. bluray1 went fine, bluray2 refused to encode saying 'no mpeg2 source'. same series, btw. weird.

Last edited:
Back