• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Purchased 4K HDR movie on Prime Video but 1080p download

QuadraQ

So I have a movie I've purchased on Amazon Prime and in my web browser (and in the AnyStream app) it shows it's available in 4K and HDR. Yet when I want to download it in AnyStream the best resolution available is 1080p.

I believe I read somewhere that 1080p is the maximum AnyStream supports currently (I'm using 1.5.6.0 on Mac) so this isn't a complaint. I'm just curious why the limitation, and if it may change in the future.

So I have a movie I've purchased on Amazon Prime and in my web browser (and in the AnyStream app) it shows it's available in 4K and HDR. Yet when I want to download it in AnyStream the best resolution available is 1080p.

I believe I read somewhere that 1080p is the maximum AnyStream supports currently (I'm using 1.5.6.0 on Mac) so this isn't a complaint. I'm just curious why the limitation, and if it may change in the future.
Its a limit of DRM. An exploit would be need to be found to break the DRM on 4K from Amazon. Its the same with Disney+ being limited to 720p.

So it likely wont change.

As explanation as of why the resolution is limited: AS acts as if you were viewing the videos in a web browser, and hence offers you the resolutions you could also watch in a browser. Amazon and NF present you the videos up to 1080p in a browser, D+ up to 720p. So no matter what you purchased, you will not get a higher resolution, unless you use a proprietary software for streaming.
Maybe this will change eventually, maybe some smart guy finds a way to break the DRM on 4k. Anyhow it won't happen soon.

maybe some smart guy finds a way to break the DRM on 4k.
You can download your content in 4K if you can access a current L1 CDM (content decryption module) and know how to use it. Very few can and do. Unfortunately, since L1 CDMs are frequently deactivated due to overuse or updates, they're not viable for a commercial product such as AnyStream.

Back