• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PSP 480x272 encode > Unsupported Format

Fijahh

Hi all,

I noticed to my delight that the new version of CloneDVD Mobile just released supports the new 480x272 AVC video mode for the PSP, so I went and encoded a DVD in this format. When I copied the files to the PSP and went to play them back however, the PSP said the files were in an 'Unsupported format' and refused to play them back. I see in the release notes something about 'Firmware 3.03 OE' or something, that sounds like a hacked firmware to me... Why isn't the video encoded in 480x272 correctly for 3.30+ legal firmware?

Ditto, I can't get a video encode to work at the 480x272 resolution.

Greetings,

It will only work if you put the file in the: MP_ROOT\101ANV01\
and name it something like: MAQ10001.mp4

On the other hand, I have noticed that the sound is off sync worse than 1.1.4.0. And CloneDVD Mobile has yet to implement AVC Level=2.1 encoding.

AVC Level=2.1 is crucial toward getting video to run under the: "VIDEO" directory. Also, a JPG thumbnail instead of the old school THM file.

All CloneDVD Mobile needs to be superior over its competition is to add the following:

AVC Level 2.1 encoding
Better Audio to Video Sync
JPG thumb for PSP users

Its funny how its impossible to find the perfect solution for DVD to PSP for 3.40 firmware users. It all has to go through PSP Video 9 at some point. Slightly frustrating.

"It will only work if you put the file in the: MP_ROOT\101ANV01\
and name it something like: MAQ10001.mp4"

I tried setting up a root directory as you suggested but still couldn't get my PSP (vsn 3.4) to recognise the file (MAQ10004.mp4) as a playable file.

Last edited:
how are you PSP guys getting on with this? I've been watching CloneDVD mobile for some time waiting for this support. When it's working I'll buy until then it's another software suite that I'll stick to.

What's working and what's not?

Phasechange

Being a PSP FW3.40 user, I have gotten along quite well without CloneDVD Mobile. Its concept was great, but not for my particular usage. DVDFab Platinum works best.

My quick poorman's guide if you will:

Run AnyDVD
Run DVDShrink
In preferences make sure that "split VOB files to 1GB chunks" is not checked.
A single DVD sized VOB file will be extracted
Run PSP Video 9 and convert the entire file.........takes a while
I always change the profile's audio to 500% so it can be enjoyed loudly on PSP speakers.

Hope this helps.

P.S. quite a few DVD do not sync properly with this technique, such as The Incredibles. The way around it is quite tricky, for example, extract iso image with CloneDVD2 with only one angle and no menu and subtitles and then follow steps above. Minus AnyDVD of course. Being that you would have done that with CloneDVD2 the first time.

unsupported data

As a new PSP owner, this is the only SS product I wish I had passed on. :mad:

Yep, this product is poor, and the support worse. They blame Quicktime for unplayable videos.

Back