• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PS3 or Xbox360 for HD streaming

E

europeman

I currently have the Xbox 360 and I am considering purchasing the Wireless N adapter or the PS3. I am currently leaning towards the Xbox because apparently they now accept H.264 formatted videos. When searching on the internet people speak higher of the window media center extender than the PS3

Unfortunately I am been unable to test as I believe my PC firewall is blocking the data.

Any opinions?
________
Freefucktube

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither the XBOX or PS3 are particularly good at streaming HD media.

I would recommend a WD HD device or a XBMC HTPC.

Use a dedicated device

I would agree with the other posters - I have been using the PS3 for years and it is good but VERY picky as to what it will play. The 360 is not truly DLNA compliant and has its own issues. Both use a lot of power and throw off a lot of heat, which is unnecessary for streaming.

Get a dedicated little box from PopcornHour or WD.

Back