• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PS3 Multichannel Bitstream Playback - No Sound

ryankenn

I read alot before trying my first copy/write/play and everything seemed smooth.

I started with Hitman, and used AnyDVD HD to rip it to my HDD. No problems. The biggest M2TS file was 00002 ( 15GB ) so I loaded that up in TSremuxer and selected the main video file, and the DTS M-HD audio stream.

I selected "Blu-Ray" as the option for output and it went well. The resultant folder structure looked fine, and in Nero Vision, I could see the video was what I wanted. I burned it using Nero 8 ( UDF 2.5 Physical ) onto the 2X BD-RE that came with the LG burner.

In the morning I tried the disc in my PC, and it worked great in PowerDVD. Picture and sound. So I took it downstairs and put it in the PS3, and although it played right away, I had no sound. Using the "DISPLAY" function, I called up the stream info and all the PS3 see was the Video Bitrate. Where it would normally show the audio stream info there was nothing.

Is there any known problems with TSremuxer and DTS HD/True HD streams as it relates to PS3 Bitstream output?

PC: Q9450/4GB/8800GTX/LG GBW-H20L
TV: PS3--HDMI Bitstream -- Denon AVR788 ( PS3 does the decoding of TrueHD/DTS MHD )

Any help? Tonight I'm going to try again with a different movie, and maybe the other remux program.

Thanks,
Ryan

First few steps

When I got home I loaded the m2ts file that TSremux created into tsMuxer and it correctly showed the video and DTS HD audio stream, so I think it was there. Perhaps it was a problem with the burn, so I'm going to try it again in Imgburn.

As a second route, I also used tsMuxer from the original file and ran the trimming process again, so I have another set of files to work from.

As a long time DVD rip/burn guy, this process is a little more clunky. I hope at somepoint SlySoft or someone else can put the two processes together into the same software to end up with something a little more user friendly. I find it funny there are two free programs available that perform close to the same function, and have similar names. It makes starting out harder as wading through forums people tend to refer to them both, or mix it up.

Works now?

Well, I started from the original AnyDVD image, and instead used TSMuxr to perform the strip, and then Imgburn instead of Nero and I have a functioning BD-RE of Hitman in my PS3. Trial and error but it worked great, and the total cycle of rip/strip/burn with a 2X disc was a managable 1hr 45 min, which isn't bad.

I have to say, looking at approx 3 films, I'm surprised at the difference in size of the video files. Hitman is downright tiny, with the video and DTS HD stream its only 15GB.

I think the key for my problem was using ImgBurn instead of Nero. Its seems much better setup to work this process while Nero 8 seemed clunky about it, and ultimately, didn't work.

Can't complain. AnyDVD is great and well worth the investment.

Of course, you realize that the PS3 can't bitstream any HiDef audio codecs. If you want the PS3 to decode that HiDef codecs then you must select LPCM.

IIRC if you bitstream Hidef audio through HDMI you only get the core audio and if you bitstream through optical or coax you only get stereo. Or something like that.

Yeah

I just call it bitstream because in my mind, bits are streaming through the wire. I use LCPM.

Well, even though all seemed well, the second try didn't work. I did AVP and it works on my Samsung standalone, but the PS3 gives me a 8002269 disc error, which some searching yielded ultra complex explanation about how the PS3 deals with the copyright flag in the stream.

It seems like home authorer's are mostly having that problem but the cure is a Java based weirdness I can't fathom. What bothers me is Hitman worked fine with the standard process on here, AVP does not ( on the PS3 ).

I burned a third, Jane Austen Book Club for my wife, and that turned out to be a stuttering mess on the Samsung. Haven't popped it in the PS3 yet though.

Seems I'll need a few more BDRE to make sure I can get a process that works.

Back