• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Protected Images File Encryption Still Creates Errors

worknstiff

Ok, This is not the first time I have encountered this error. When I did King Arthur Legend it exhibited the same problem. When you create a PROTECTED IMG with AnyDVD HD and try to access certain files the encryption is not being removed correctly. The image is created, and most of the whole disk is fine, but on a few random small m2ts files decryption fails. On Ghost in the Shell it was just one out of three identical small 15 sec files showing the Paramount Logo. They each were 35mb and had identical video and audio. Two of them played but one of them makes MPC throw up the error "can't render this file". I now have this problem with a protected Fate of the Furious IMG. The IMG is created and when trying to playback the MPEG-4 60MB 00165.m2ts file it says the same error. If I take the original disk and create an UN-PROTECTED IMG the file is successfully created and playback is ok. Just for the heck of it I created an un-protected IMG of the protected IMG and the file is still unplayable so anyone who has a protected disk made using any of the latest versions of AnyDVD HD should probably check the disks I mentioned and perhaps this problem has been going on for a while. I have only recently been creating protected images myself, most of mine have been unprotected images or folder backups.
PS: This has shown up on two different PC's and two different BD drives so I don't think it can be my system. I hope some other people will try these disks and report back if they have problems.
Thanks Guys, I know you can figure this out, its probably just a small hiccup some where.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.7.13_Info_F_FATE_OF_THE_FURIOUS.ziplog
    313.8 KB · Views: 5
Ok, This is not the first time I have encountered this error. When I did King Arthur Legend it exhibited the same problem. When you create a PROTECTED IMG with AnyDVD HD and try to access certain files the encryption is not being removed correctly. The image is created, and most of the whole disk is fine, but on a few random small m2ts files decryption fails.

{...]If I take the original disk and create an UN-PROTECTED IMG the file is successfully created and playback is ok. Just for the heck of it I created an un-protected IMG of the protected IMG and the file is still unplayable so anyone who has a protected disk made using any of the latest versions of AnyDVD HD should probably check the disks

You wrote you made a protected image with AnyDVD alone directly from the original BD-ROM-disc +drive both handling bus encryption? (if yes=correct method in this case for protected images as the devs told me.
This sort of protected image still can't be properly/entirely decrypted by AnyDVD?
You did have AnyDVD activated, when trying to access the files from the protected image?

You're sure you made the problematic unprotected image with AnyDVD alone from the protected image? Did you decrypt the protected/encrypted image with AnyDVD or with ImgBurn+AnyDVD? Either way I'm not sure if that's also a important question for decrypting from correctly made protected images when bus encyption is used.

That decrypting directly from the original disc is working, but not from the protected image looks like as you had used a 3rd party program fro making the protected iso, while was AnyDVD closed.

If that's not the case could really be an AnyDVD bug.
But there must be a reason when James says, when you want to make an encrypted iso image of disc+drive using bus encryption, you could+should do this with AnyDVD.
Well, it has not been advised to only make decrypted backups of BD-ROM+drive combination with the additonal bus-encrypted communication.
Sorry I'm out of ideas.

Last edited:
Ok, This is not the first time I have encountered this error. When I did King Arthur Legend it exhibited the same problem. When you create a PROTECTED IMG with AnyDVD HD and try to access certain files the encryption is not being removed correctly. The image is created, and most of the whole disk is fine, but on a few random small m2ts files decryption fails. On Ghost in the Shell it was just one out of three identical small 15 sec files showing the Paramount Logo. They each were 35mb and had identical video and audio. Two of them played but one of them makes MPC throw up the error "can't render this file". I now have this problem with a protected Fate of the Furious IMG. The IMG is created and when trying to playback the MPEG-4 60MB 00165.m2ts file it says the same error. If I take the original disk and create an UN-PROTECTED IMG the file is successfully created and playback is ok. Just for the heck of it I created an un-protected IMG of the protected IMG and the file is still unplayable so anyone who has a protected disk made using any of the latest versions of AnyDVD HD should probably check the disks I mentioned and perhaps this problem has been going on for a while. I have only recently been creating protected images myself, most of mine have been unprotected images or folder backups.
PS: This has shown up on two different PC's and two different BD drives so I don't think it can be my system. I hope some other people will try these disks and report back if they have problems.
Thanks Guys, I know you can figure this out, its probably just a small hiccup some where.
Did you create the protected image with AnyDVD "rip to image"? Did you enable "create sparse file"? If yes, can you try without?

@ James RE: Did you create the protected image with AnyDVD "rip to image"? Did you enable "create sparse file"? If yes, can you try without?

Yes, File created with AnyDVD HD to (protected) image. I even tried (protected) images from different versions of AnyDVD HD (8170 to latest 81713) and NOT a sparse image either. I started using protected images after all the recent problems with screenpass multiple playlist protection. I thought if I had a corrupt rip that using a protected one would enable me to fix it, but now I'm thinking that was not a wise strategy.

@ James RE: Did you create the protected image with AnyDVD "rip to image"? Did you enable "create sparse file"? If yes, can you try without?

Yes, File created with AnyDVD HD to (protected) image. I even tried (protected) images from different versions of AnyDVD HD (8170 to latest 81713) and NOT a sparse image either. I started using protected images after all the recent problems with screenpass multiple playlist protection. I thought if I had a corrupt rip that using a protected one would enable me to fix it, but now I'm thinking that was not a wise strategy.
On which titles did you encounter this problem? Maybe I have one of them.

Ghost in the Shell (both 2D & 3D) This is a conversation I had with "Pete" about it on July 28. IE: "The Ghost in the Shell 3D". It copies to a protected IMG and every thing seem fine until I try to access the program with BD Rebuilder. It seems there is still one small protected file in the rip that is still encrypted. There are 3 identical 35,400 KB files labeled 01007,01008 and the problem child is 01009. The 01009 file plays correctly directly from the disk using AnyDVD HD, BUT will not play from any of the rips. The files in question are the 15 sec Paramount Studios file that plays when you first play the disk. The first two 15 sec files play properly but the 01009 even crashes mediainfo when you attempt to examine it.

Also problems with King Arthur Legend 3D, and like I mentioned in the original post, Fate of the Furious (make a Protected IMG and try playing the MPEG-4 60MB 00165.m2ts file.

I wish I had made better notes about what file was corrupt in King Arthur but I can't seem to re-create the problem file now. If you have Fate of the Furious make a protected IMG and an in-protected one and check the 00165.m2ts in both. Wonder why something being copied into the protected one is not transferring over as a "real" file and AnyDVD HD is not noticing it.

If I take the original disk and create an UN-PROTECTED IMG the file is successfully created and playback is ok. Just for the heck of it I created an un-protected IMG of the protected IMG and the file is still unplayable so anyone who has a protected disk made using any of the latest versions of AnyDVD HD should probably check the disks I mentioned and perhaps this problem has been going on for a while..

OK according to what you said, you have issues playing or working with an unprotected image., which was created from the protected image. So at the first step you created a protected/(encrypted) image with AnyDVD image ripper (keep protection)

Is the protected image itself playing without issues, while AnyDVD is in background? And are there also issues with MPC here?

Ghost in the Shell (both 2D & 3D) This is a conversation I had with "Pete" about it on July 28. IE: "The Ghost in the Shell 3D". It copies to a protected IMG and every thing seem fine until I try to access the program with BD Rebuilder. It seems there is still one small protected file in the rip that is still encrypted. There are 3 identical 35,400 KB files labeled 01007,01008 and the problem child is 01009. The 01009 file plays correctly directly from the disk using AnyDVD HD, BUT will not play from any of the rips. The files in question are the 15 sec Paramount Studios file that plays when you first play the disk. The first two 15 sec files play properly but the 01009 even crashes mediainfo when you attempt to examine it.

Also problems with King Arthur Legend 3D, and like I mentioned in the original post, Fate of the Furious (make a Protected IMG and try playing the MPEG-4 60MB 00165.m2ts file.
I checked the code and I see no reason, why this could happen. I don't have any of these discs, so I can't even try to reproduce this. Which studio is King Arthur? "Fate" is Universal and "Ghost" Paramount. Latest Paramount title I have is "Star Trek - Beyond", maybe it enforces bus encryption, too. I have to check...
(I suspect it is bus decryption not done properly, I have no other explanation)

I checked the code and I see no reason, why this could happen. I don't have any of these discs, so I can't even try to reproduce this. Which studio is King Arthur? "Fate" is Universal and "Ghost" Paramount. Latest Paramount title I have is "Star Trek - Beyond", maybe it enforces bus encryption, too. I have to check...
(I suspect it is bus decryption not done properly, I have no other explanation)
James, I think it's (King Arthur) from the movie from earlier this year, which bombed worldwide:

https://www.amazon.com/King-Arthur-Legend-Sword-Blu-ray/dp/B071J8Y6CP

https://www.amazon.com/King-Arthur-.../ref=tmm_trd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

@ theosch, RE: OK according to what you said, you have issues playing or working with an unprotected image.
NO, I was explaining that on ONLY these 3 disks did I have a problem. Ghost in the Shell (2D & 3D), Fate of the Furious, and I seem to remember King Arthur did, but don't have the details. Just try Fate of the Furious and create a PROTECTED image with AnyDVD HD. Then mount the PROTECTED image with AnyDVD HD running and try to open the 00165.m2ts file using explorer and ANY program for playback. Hell you can even try to use Media Info on it and you will see that it's not accessible. If you create an UN-PROTECTED image the problem goes away, but I have recently been creating PROTECTED images because of disks like Hell or High Water and John Wick 2 that you might need to redo after playback problems crop up.

Also I had this problem with, "The Ghost in the Shell 3D". It copies to a PROTECTED IMG and every thing seem fine until I try to access certain m2ts files. It seems there is still one small protected file in the rip that's still encrypted. There are 3 identical 35MB files labeled 01007,01008 and the problem child is 01009. The 01009 file plays correctly directly from the disk using AnyDVD HD, BUT will not play from any of the PROTECTED 2D or 3D rips. The files in question are the 15 sec Paramount Studios file that plays when you first play the disk. The first two 15 sec files play properly but the 01009 even crashes Media info when you attempt to access it.

I can verify this problem with "Star Trek - Beyond". Here one of the identical Paramount intro logos exhibits the problem. The cause is, that this particular clip is not encrypted on the disc, so no bus encryption is applied. But AnyDVD performs bus decryption when creating a protected image, so the file is unreadable.
I'll fix that...

The first two 15 sec files play properly but the 01009 even crashes Media info when you attempt to access it.
Funny, on "Star Trek - Beyond" it is 01009, too. Paramount logo. I wonder, if this clip is actually played during full disc playback. Anyway, fix is on the way.

Also I had this problem with, "The Ghost in the Shell 3D". It copies to a PROTECTED IMG and every thing seem fine until I try to access certain m2ts files. It seems there is still one small protected file in the rip that's still encrypted. There are 3 identical 35MB files labeled 01007,01008 and the problem child is 01009. The 01009 file plays correctly directly from the disk using AnyDVD HD, BUT will not play from any of the PROTECTED 2D or 3D rips.{...}

OK that's really strange. Decrypting from directly the BD-ROM, instead of decrypting through an additonal step before via a protected image, is working.
That's interesting, because decrypting the Bus encryption seems to be handled entirely properly by AnyDVD of all files here, only not for creating a protected image.
I hope I have not misunderstood anything :)

OK that's really strange. Decrypting from directly the BD-ROM, instead of decrypting through an additonal step before via a protected image, is working.
That's interesting, because decrypting the Bus encryption seems to be handled entirely properly by AnyDVD of all files here, only not for creating a protected image.
I hope I have not misunderstood anything :)
No, you summed it up perfectly fine. The problem is, that if a file is not encrypted at all (it plays from the original disc without AnyDVD running) no bus encryption is applied to the file, so no bus decryption needs to be done.
The AnyDVD driver handles this situation, but the rip-to-protected-image code (which bypasses the driver, as you want a "protected" image) does not.

@ James, Anyway, fix is on the way. Hell yeah, RedFoX world class customer service at work. That's why I didn't mind buying another subscription because you guys definitely earn it. BIG THANKS!

@ James, Anyway, fix is on the way. Hell yeah, RedFoX world class customer service at work. That's why I didn't mind buying another subscription because you guys definitely earn it. BIG THANKS!
Try AnyDVD 8.1.7.14, which fixes the problem.
Hint: CloneBD's Bert detected the problem right away. Good tool to detect all sort of problems.

Thanks James. It's always great when you can go to the right person who gets things done. I will try it out soon as I get the disk back from the grandson. Thanks again!

Back